Twenty One: Mother Frickin'

Lily

I grab my bag before standing up. I skip over to Muffin and he lifts his head. "Going on my lunch break." I say and kiss him on the cheek. "Want anything?"

He smiles, turns around in his chair and stands up. Muffin holds my head in his hands and I gasp when his lips meet mine eagerly. He kisses me passionately for a moment before breaking away. As I breathe heavily in disbelief, he touches my cheek. "You."

"Well, um, I-"

He sits back down and laughs. "Go to lunch, Lily."

I begin walking to the door. "And what are you going to eat?"

He lifts his head back down and gets back to working on whatever is on his desk. "I don't need to eat."

I frown and stop walking. "Yes, you do. I want you to eat something, Muffin."

His head lifts immediately, and he stares at me with a small smile. Muffin shrugs, "Then I'll just eat you instead."

"Eat me? You can't eat m-" I gasp and point a finger at him, "My goodness gracious, you horny man!"

He only laughs as a response and I shake my head, walking out of his office. After I close the door behind me, I turn around and jump slightly. Kelly stands in front of me with a look of confusion as I hold my heart.

"You've got to warn somebody, Kelly! You can not just appear out of nowhere like a gosh darn murderer!"

We begin walking as I rub my necklace to calm down, and she stops. "What if I am a murderer?"

I pause and grip my bag. I try to look in her eyes to decipher whether she is messin' with me or not, but I cannot quite tell and that begins to freak me out.

"If you're a murderer, you've got to be the nicest one I've seen."

"How do you figure?"

I frown. "Have you not watched any crime shows? A woman like me would have gotten my head blown off so fast even the flash himself wouldn't be able to help me. But you haven't killed me yet. You're a little softy!"

What if she's just waiting, though?

Kelly and I begin walking again and she faces me, "What do you mean, a woman like you?"

I laugh and pat her shoulder as we reach the break room. "Oh, honey, you know it's no secret I like to babble."

We take a seat at our table, her sitting across from me as usual. I take out my peanut-butter-jelly sandwich, diet Pepsi and orange as she takes out home cooked chicken wings.

I take a bite and when Garlica opens her mouth to speak, she stops, seeing Muffin walk inside. The talking stops and everyone turns away as he walks to me with a smile.

Muffin doesn't say a word as he takes a chair from someone's table and sits next to me. I smile and kiss his cheek, "Hi! Garlica and I were just getting ready to eat!"

"Hey, baby." He responds, his voice deep and my insides tingle.

He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms, the white long sleeve shirt he has, hugging his muscular arms. My goodness, I should have taken him up on that eating me offer. My hand goes over my mouth at my thoughts.

Lily! How nasty of you!

But I just can't help it. Theo has made me think like this since the moment I met him. He just gets my insides all warm and tingly. My cheeks are nearly always pink at the bold things he says and Lord have mercy, the way he treats me is just so darn attractive those kinds of thoughts never leave my head. Well, except when I'm eating his food. I don't think very nice things about him when I'm eating the food he has made.