Twenty Three: Sike

Lily

Silence.

Just pure silence.

Despite the ambulance arriving, people yelling and cars moving in front of me, the only thing I hear is a small ringing sound in my ear.

I do the best I can to open my eyes. When I do, it's blurry but good enough to see. I look down slowly and gasp, seeing blood covering me from my stomach and down. Glass pieces stick out of my hand and tons of pieces lay out on the dashboard.

My mind blank, I blink rapidly, trying to understand what happened. One moment I was talking to Theo, the next I was bleeding.

Theo

I turn to the side, but a pain rips throughout my body and I cry out. As if someone is drilling a needle into my rib, tears pour down my face and I feel myself about to faint.

But when I lay eyes on Theo, I push my pain aside. He lies on the seat, blood flowing out of his side and arm. I reach my arm out to touch him.

"Muffin." I croak out and my heart shatters when he doesn't turn around with a small smile as usual.

I unbuckle the seatbelt and my stomach burns as I move closer and touch his arm softly.

"Muffin, can you hear me?"

He doesn't respond, and I begin crying harder. I remove a piece of glass from his arm and wipe the blood with my sweater.

"Theo, please wake up, baby. Oh please, I need you." I sniffle and take another piece of glass out of his shoulder. "Please. I can't lose you. Please!"

When his arm moves and his eyes flutter open after I say this, I breathe a sigh of relief. As soon as he sees me, he opens his arms out to hug me, but I hold a hand out.

"No, don't do that."

He stares at me with a look of hurt and more tears fall down my face. I push aside the pain in my heart and body and touch what's left of his door.

"We've just got to get out of here before we get even more hurt."

Theo nods and I frown when I can't feel my feet move with me. I pause and turn to him. His eyes are red and he puts his head back on the seat.

I try to move as tears and blood pour down my face. "Theo, am I moving my legs?"

He looks down and turns away. I cry harder, "Am I?"

He glances back at my legs and a tear falls down his face. "No, baby. You're not moving at all. I'm sorry."

I sit back down in defeat. The blood pours out of my stomach and arm harder and my vision becomes more and more blurry. My heart rate starts to slow down and my arm becomes numb.

Theo sits up as my body starts to get cold. He unbuckles his seatbelt and turns to me. "No, no, no, don't you give up on me, Lily."

My eyes droopy, I shake my head. "I- I can't. I'm tired, Muffin."

He shakes his head and moves glass pieces off of me. More tears pour down his face as he holds my face, blood all over his hands. "Where the hell is my baby? Lily Hernandez. The love of my life. The woman I know would keep fighting. She wouldn't give up this easily, because she's too fucking strong."

My body is getting colder and I see Theo physically shake as his hand tightens on my face. "Don't do this to me, Lily! Keep fighting, baby, keep fighting!" I let my eyes close.

"Lily, fuck- can we get the fucking ambulance over here? She's dying!" He lets go of my face and I open my eyes the best that I can to see where he is going.