10

"A Better Man

      "A Better Man."

"Wow, you look tired today" Dahyun says while rubbing the dark sketch under my eyes. I looked away with a frown and remember Taehyung's words

Do you still love Jungkook?

I didn't say a word and that must have irked him off. We went back to sleep, and the air felt tense as we did so. I awoke with only Niki and I in the mattress

"Here, have my fries" Dahyun murmured, concerned about my tiredness as I stole a glance at the man eating his lunch in front of me; Taehyung was with Jimin at the table across from me, refusing to look at me on purpose.

"I cried" Dahyun gasped, then said in hushed tones "is it because of Jungkook? what happened?"

"He left me for his parents again, I-" I was cut off as she prodded my shoulder and pointed in a certain direction; I followed her eyes and noticed Jungkook approaching me.

"Omg girl, he...your boyfriend is acting normal!" Dahyun exclaimed, and I stared at Jungkook, never forgetting his bad mistakes. "What are you doing here? weren't you meant to be with your parents, leaving me out?"

He bites his bottom lip and looks at me apologetically "I don't want to give you the wrong idea, I love you, and I'll try to be better."

"I'm trying" he said as he sat next me.

           •••

"Stop staring, you creep." Jimin urged his friend as he shamelessly gawks at the girl across from him. Tzuyu was in between Jungkook and that girl named Dahyun which he couldn't understand why Jimin loves so much

"You stop staring first, gross." He rolled his eyes and gagged in disgust. Well, he only came to Seoul for his friend who pleaded for him to come along "if it weren't for your stupid stalker brain then I would have been sleeping in peace"

He was complaining and yet his eyes flew back to the girl who had his heart back in Busan. The girl who was torn in between two hearts and decided to not choose him

By the way, she looks cute in her uniform

"Huh?" the devil inside him whispered in his ear and he thought about it. He gawked relentlessly at the short skirt riding upwards from every move she made. He hates lying, he still finds her hot.

"Oh please Tae, you came here to look for-" his eyes widened and he clapped his hand over his friend's blabbering mouth "as if!"

For a moment, his gaze was drawn to her smile, and he remembered how she had once given him those joyous lips, just for him. He had her in his hands even if only for a brief moment.