03 - Asset

- Chapter song: High For This, The Weeknd -

My eyes slowly begin to blink open. I look around and see that I'm in a dark room. I try to get up but I'm held back, it's then that I realise I'm tied to a chair and my thigh hurts like a bitch.

So far everything is going according to plan.

"Oh good, you're awake." I hear a voice coming from in front of me. When I look up, I see one of the guys who was shooting at me standing in front of the cell door. He's around 6'2, has dirty blonde hair, ivory skin, piercing blue eyes and is wearing a tux.

He's Vincenzo's second in command, Leonardo De Luca. I made sure to familiarise myself with anyone of importance in his stupid mafia before I got here. 

"Ok so I know you're like the enemy or whatever but I really need a woman's opinion. Do these pants make my ass look fat?" He asks me and turns around.

"Yes." I reply honestly.

"Good. Ok now that that's out of the way, what were you doing in our warehouse?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

I stay silent and just stare blankly at him.

"Fine don't tell me." He shrugs and moves over to the table which are filled with torture devices .

I remain silent.

He picks up a blade and makes his way back over. Just before he is about to make his first mark, a voice calls out from the hall.

"Out. Now." The voice speaks.

Leo leaves the cell and I can hear the two men quietly conversing outside. Finally the door opens again and another guy from one of the 4 walk in. He is around 6'4, has caramel skin, dark brown, messy hair, and is wearing a tux but his jacket has been removed, the tie is undone and hanging around his neck, and his sleeves are rolled up, revealing sleeve tattoos on both arms. Although I have never been able to find a photo of him and don't know what he looks like, I can tell from his demeanour that he is the boss. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Vincenzo is a very attractive man.

"Who the fuck are you?" He sneers at me.

I stare into his green eyes which are filled with anger and curiosity. 

"Well that depends, which alias would you like me to give you?" I answer.

"What were you doing at my warehouse?" 

"I was looking for some dick. What do you think I was doing there, asshole?" I roll my eyes.

He leans down so that his face is directly in front of mine and places a hand on the back of my chair.

"You got quite a mouth on you haven't you?" He says.

"And you don't know the definition of personal space."