11 - The Mexicans

- Chapter song: Element, Pop Smoke -

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

"They knew, Anastasia." My brother speaks into the phone.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The Mexicans. They knew you were in the car with Vincenzo's sister. They were coming for both of you." He says.

"But that doesn't make any sense. We only just allied, why would they do that?" I ask, confused.

"I don't know. Obviously now our alliance is terminated with them which means we are war with both the Italians and Mexicans." He says, tiredly.

"Alright, thanks, Aleks. I'll figure it out." I hang up when there is a knock on the door.

"Ana, Enzo needs to talk to you." Alina calls from the other side of the door.

"Coming." I reply. I open the door to where she's waiting and follow her to wherever her boss is.

"Just wait here and, for the love of god, do not talk." She commands and then further enters the room where men and women, who I can only assume are in high places, are in a meeting with Vincenzo standing at one end of the table.

I catch the last of their conversation.

"Okay so it's settled, Friday night we attack. Team A will go through the front entrance with me, team B goes through the back with Leo, and teams C and D will cover all other exits so they can't escape. This should send a message to the Mexicans to either fuck off or things will get a lot messier." Vincenzo says to the rest of the members.

"Any questions?" He asks.

"Uh yeah, I have a question." I say from the doorway.

Alina turns and glares at me while slightly and rapidly shaking her head 'no'.

Before he can reply, I ask my question.

"Are you fucking stupid?"

"Excuse me?"

There's no use in trying to protect the Mexicans now so I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

"Why the fuck would you do all that just to send a message? There is a much easier way." I tell him.

"And what would that be?"

I'm about to tell him my idea when another voice chimes in.

"Seriously, Boss? You're just gonna listen to this stupid woman?" Some guy in the back says.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I turn to face him.

"All I'm saying, sweetheart, is that you should go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich while the men actually use their brains to come up with ideas and their strength to execute them. Which, obviously, you lack in both departments." He responds.