Feelings

Marinette pov:

On my way back home there was an akuma attack leaving me no choice but to go fight, after battling for about 20 minutes me and Chat noir defeated the akuma and went back our own ways. I headed straight home and i excused my tardiness to my parents saying i "had to hide during the attack"

I don't like to lie but my duties usually call for it, I can't just go up to my parents and say "Hey guess what! Your daughter is actually Ladybug and shes been lying to you for months" that would be stupid and dangerous.

Completely exhausted I took a shower to relax. I put on my pink Pj's and headed over to my mirror where I blow dried my hair and brushed it. I went over to my desk and sat down, I reached over to my drawer and took out one of my notebooks. Taking out my drawing utensils I placed my headphones on and once i plugged them into my phone I turned up the volume up and started to sketch.

For some reason as i was drawing the only thought that I could think of at the moment was this afternoon at Chloe's. I was so embarrassed and annoyed at myself for it. On one side I was compulsive and made a stupid decision but on the other the side Chloe's eyes lit up when I complimented her, how soft her hand was and overall how perfect she is. Before i knew it i was drawing Chloe all over the pages of my notebook, realizing what I was doing i quickly closed the book and took a deep sigh. What's happening to me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next Morning i was woken up by Tikki in a hurry "Marinette your going to be late for class!" She exclaimed "ughhh im up tikki" I groaned getting up "I don't feel like going to school today"

"Does this have to do with anything about those drawings in your book?" Tikki said pointing to Marinette notebook "No! Not at all!" I desperately shouted "Sureee now hurry up, another minute wasted and you'll be in trouble"

After a bit of struggling and sprinting around my room I ran out the bakery as quick as I could and sprinted the whole way school. As soon as I could see the classroom door I made a run for the handle and harshly swung the door open, Infront of me was mrs.bustier with a shocked expression as she turned to face me

"There you are young lady, i figured you'd be late" she sighed "take a seat we've already started the lesson" Suddendy I heard a giggle from beside me, I turned around to face Chloe with a glare "sorry sorry" she chuckled, I tried keeping a straight face but something about her didn't make me mad infact it made feel happy, she made me want to smile.I shuffled over to my seat where I turned back to face Chloe, she just had a smuggish smile across her face which caused a soft red to go across my face, in an attempt to hide my face I turned the opposite way and cover my face with my hands.

It's funny actually, I used to find her intimidating or bothersome but recently anytime I look or even think of her I don't feel those old emotions. Instead I feel safe and warm, she makes me feel seen and comfortable which is confusing since we used to be at each other's throats.

I turn back to look at her expecting her to bey paying attention to class but instead I found her smirking at me which of course just made my face ever redder than it already was, once she saw my reaction her smirk grew wider but I also noticed her cheeks glowing in a pinkier color than usual, I attempt to smirk back at her but that seems to catch the attention of Mrs.Bustier who tells us to pay attention to her class or she would have to give us lunch detention in return, it doesn't seem to bother Chloe probably because she has mayor daddy privilege but I quickly directed back to the lesson for the rest of class.

By the time I was done with the classwork class was over and it was time to head to lunch, I made the decision to instead go to the library and find a few new mangas to read since I wasn't really hungry and if I was alone with Nino and Adrien I'd probably be silent the whole time or not get a single full sentence out.

On my way there I got a ping from my phone

Alya <3 : Hey Mari, sorry I haven't messaged you in a bit. I've been busy helping my mom and you know how my sisters are

Me: it's okay Alya, I'm glad you had time to reach out :) how are you doing?

Alya <3 : I've been doing pretty well, the first few days I was here I was pretty overwhelmed and stressed but I've been trying to look at things on the bright side 💗

Me: I'm glad to hear that ^^

Alya <3 : enough about me, how have you been!?

Me: I've been doing pretty well, we have a project due in a few days I have to finish but otherwise it's fine :D

Alya <3 : Dang now I'm less sad about being gone, no homework for me 😋

Me: yeah yeah, sooo lucky 🙄

Alya <3 : how's it going with Nino and Adrien~

Alya <3 : Eh eh? 😏

Me: ALYAAAAA

Me: Nino seems kinda lonely without you but he's doing well

Alya <3 : Awh tell him I said I miss him ❤️

Me: I will :)

Alya <3 : Now back to Adrien... Have you talked to him at all while I've been gone?

Me: no...

Alya <3 : You've got to make a move girl!!

Me: I know, I know

Alya <3 : yeah, get yourself that Blondie 😏

Alya <3 : anyways I have to go I'll talk to you as soon as I can! Byeee

Me: Byeeee :(

Me: Take care ily <33

Alya <3 : ily too 💗

By the time I was done texting Alya I had made my way to the library and sat myself down at a table near the literary section, I placed my bookbag next to the desk and after setting everything down I walked over the my favorite section of the library.

As I'm picking out a book I hear a small cough directed to get my attention, I turn around to see Chloe standing behind me holding a book in her hand "o-oh hi Chloe"

well that was wierd

"uhm... Wh-what are you doing here?"

Why am I stuttering

"I came here to return my book but got distracted when I saw a certain blue haired girl over here"

"Oh, i-im just looking for some uh- manga to read" I scrambled avoiding eye contact

"Uhm Marinette are you okay?" Chloe queried tilting her head towards me

"y-yup I'm fine! All fine!" I mumbled as I frantically turned the other way

Marinette get yourself together, why are you acting like this?

suddenly I felt a soft touch under my chin "jeez Marinette your acting like a mess" Chloe said softly as she moved the spare strands of my hair back into place. Now loosing the battle of avoiding her eyes I look up to her who was already holding eye contact with me, we stood there looking at each other for what felt like minutes and by every second that passed my heart raced faster and faster...

I was finally understanding my feelings.

( I'm so sorry for not updating sooner I don't have an exuse besides not having any motivation, I promise I won't stop untill this book is finished, ily all <3 )