Protective

"Come out and have a drink with us" He said. "It'll be fun" He said. All I wanted to do was sleep when we got back from the hunt, but no. Dean insisted we go out to celebrate. So, here we are. Sam, Dean, Cas and myself. Dean was at the bar flirting with a blonde waitress. I was betting that he was going to end up going home with her. Sam bumped into an old friend of his and I was at the table with Cas. Which, I wasn't complaining about. But all I could think about was how tired I was. I rested my arms on the table with my chin resting on my hand and sighed quietly.
"Y/n, are you alright?" Cas asks. I sit up a little before looking at him "Yeah... I'm fine. Just tired". He nods "Understandable". I smile a little "There any chance of your wings growing back?". He chuckles softly, shaking his head "I'm afraid they are very broken, Y/n. I can't fly anymore". I sigh "Well, it would be very useful right now. I want my bed". He smiles sympathetically "I'm sorry".

I move round to his side of the booth, then rest my head on his shoulder. I knew he didn't mind. We did things like this all the time. When he was human, we got closer and it just went from there. We weren't in a relationship or anything, just friends. But we were mutually aware of all the cuddling, hand holding and cheek kisses we did. It was actually nice. Cas put his arm around me, pulling me a little closer to him. "If you want to, you can sleep now and I'll wake you when we are leaving" He offers. I smile and shake my head "No, it's okay. I'll be fine". Although he was very warm and it was difficult not to give in to his offer, I knew if I fell asleep now I wouldn't wake up until the morning. I was a deep sleeper and the thought of one of the boys (Most likely Cas in this scenario) having to carry me wasn't something I wanted to happen. I felt him run his fingers through my hair and he kissed my head "Y/n, go to sleep". I closed my eyes before I could protest.
_______

Later

I was woken up a while later from Cas gently stroking my hair. "Y/n, wake up" He whispers. I hum "No". He chuckles "Y/n, we're leaving. Dean gave the keys to Sam". He kisses the side of my forehead "Come on". I sigh "Okay, but I need to use the bathroom first". He nods, standing up to let me get up. He helps me, then stands next to Sam. "We'll wait here for you, Y/n" Sam tells me. "Okay, I won't be long" I reply.

I head to the bathroom and just as I reached the hallway, someone whistled "Hey there, pretty lady". I looked around to see a guy watching me. He winked and I rolled my eyes before going into the ladies bathroom. I was way too tired to deal with that.

After I was finished in there, I came back out. About to head over to Sam and Cas, I almost fell on my face when someone stepped in front of me. "Oh, sorry" I mumble before trying to move around him. But he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. I quickly realised it was the guy who catcalled me. His eyes were dark and his breath smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. I managed to keep myself from gagging "Let go of me". He growls "No, I don't like when bitches ignore me. You do as I say without a word". I glare at him "Get your hands off me, jackass". He smirks "Oh, you're gonna be fun". Just as I was about to say something else, someone interrupted "Hey!". It was Sam and Cas. While he was distracted, I took the chance to knee him in the groin. He let go of me and I ran over to Sam. Cas looked furious.

Cas stormed over to the guy, grabbed him by the shirt and threw him against the wall "Touch her again and I will burn you to ash. Am I clear?". The guy was visibly shaking, but he still wouldn't back down. He chuckles "Chill, man". Cas glares at him and I noticed his eyes were starting to glow bright blue. His voice lowered "I'm only going to say this once. Don't. Touch. Her. Am I making myself clear?". The guy gulps, nodding shakily "Okay, okay. I hear you, don't kill me, man". Cas let go of him, but didn't leave without shoving him into the wall one last time. He didn't relax until we got outside.

He walks over to me "Are you alright, Y/n? Did he hurt you?". I shake my head, smiling slightly at his concern "No, I'm fine". I put my arms around his waist for a hug and after a few minutes, he did the same. I bury my face into his chest. "Thank you" I whisper. He sighs "I didn't like seeing him touch you". I frown "I didn't either".

Later

We got back to the bunker and Sam went to bed. I could still feel that guy's hands on me, causing a shiver to run down my spine. The only person's touch I wanted to feel was Cas'. I found him in the dark hallway. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to question it, I just went up to him. He looks at me "Y/n, what's wrong? I thought you went to bed". I shake my head before pulling him closer to me by the sleeves of his trenchcoat. He tilts his head, but complies. I sigh "Cas, why were you so angry with that guy earlier?". He frowns "He was touching you without your permission". I shake my head "That's not why. You could've let Sam deal with it, but you did. Why?". He sighs "Because no one else should touch you like that but me". "So, you were jealous?" I question. He nods, looking down at the floor. I reach up to lift his chin. Without saying a word, I stand on my tiptoes and before I could back out I leaned in to kiss him.

Seconds passed before he was gently kissing me back. He pulled me closer to him by the waist, then put his other hand on my cheek. I let him take over until I ran out of breath and had to pull away. He gently rested his forehead against mine, his hand still pressed to my cheek "I apologise for my actions, Y/n. Are you upset?". I smile slightly "Aw, you don't have to apologise. No, I'm not upset with you, Cassy. I actually... don't mind". He pulled away a little, squinting his eyes and tilting his head in that adorable way he does "Really? You don't?". I nod, smiling shyly "I like you being protective of me. It feels nice". He looks at me, the tiniest of smiles tugging at his lips "Good". He presses his lips to my forehead for a moment, letting them linger there. "I like protecting you" He mumbles.
______

- W.S