Bleeding Out- Castiel

The pain was excruciating, but I kept my hand in place on my torso. I had one hand on the wheel, driving as fast as I could. I needed to get back to the bunker before the boys did. They were on their own case and they finally let me go on one myself. I knew they wouldn't let me ever again if they found out I had gotten myself clawed by a werewolf. The wound was deep and I was a little worried. But more worried about my brothers finding out. Especially Dean. I knew they weren't far away, so they'd be back soon too. When I finally got there, I parked and practically flew out of the car.

I groaned as the sudden movement jostled my hand that was pressed to my torso. I got in, sighing in relief that I didn't hear or see Sam and Dean. Slowly, I made my way down the metal steps and went straight down the hallway to the bathroom. Not paying attention, I didn't notice the angel walking towards me. I gasped when I bumped into him "Cas! W-What are you... um, what are you doing here?". He looks at me "I was waiting for... Sam and Dean. I wasn't expecting you to be back so soon". I hum "Huh? Oh, yeah... um, the case was kinda easy, so...". He furrowed his eyebrows "Y/n, are you alright?". I nod "Yeah, I... I'm fine". I smile in attempt to convince him. But he still seemed suspicious, raising an eyebrow "You don't look fine". I chuckle "Well, I do need a shower. We done here? Good". When I tried to step around him, he moved in front of me, stopping me "Y/n, you're not fine. What's wrong?". I sigh "Nothing's wrong, Cas. I'm okay, really. I just... need to rest. It was a longer drive than I thought". He tilts his head "Your werewolf was only a few towns over". I shrug, wincing a little as the movement sent a jolt of pain up my torso "Well, what can I say? I don't pay attention when Dean's driving". He sighs softly "Y/n... stop making excuses". He moved closer to me, out of habit reaching to put his hand on my torso. I yelped, jumping away from him, ultimately giving away what was wrong. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at me and noticed the blood stained shirt under my jacket "Y/n, you're hurt!". I move away from him "No! I... I'm not. Cas, I'm fine". "You're bleeding" He points out. I sigh "Okay, fair point. But, i-it's just a scratch". He frowns "That doesn't look like a scratch to me. Show me". He walks towards me and I gulp "No!". I run to the bathroom door, quickly heading inside before shutting and locking the door. "Y/n! Open the door!" He huffs. "Cas, it's not a big deal. I can deal with it myself" I tell him. "But I can heal you" He replies. I sigh "I don't need you to heal me. It's not that bad". I take my jacket off, then I lift up my bloody shirt. There was two rather deep gashes and I had blood all over my hands and torso. "Y/n, let me in and I'll help you" Cas speaks up, his voice soft. I gulp "Cas, it's okay. I told you, I'm okay. Really". He sighs "... then open the door". "I can't do that" I mumble. "Why not? Because you're hurt badly?" He questions. I roll my eyes "No, it's not just that". "Then what is it?" He replies.

"I'm ashamed, okay?! I messed up on the case. I don't even know if the stupid werewolf is dead. I just ran away like a coward. I don't remember seeing Sam, Dean or you doing that. And if they find out, they won't let me do another case by myself again".

"Y/n... you have nothing to be ashamed of. Please, let me help you" He replies softly. I frown, looking down at my torso. My hand still pressed against my wound. Then I sigh "Fine...". I hear him sigh in relief before reaching to unlock the door. He opened it and when he saw all the blood, he gasped "Y/n, what happened?". I shrug "Werewolf won". He tuts, shaking his head before moving towards me. He motions to my torso "Move your hand". "Cas, what if I bleed out?" I question. He smiles slightly "You won't". He covers my hand with his, gently removing it from my bloody torso. I wince when he replaces it with his other hand. "Shh, you're okay" He mumbles as a white misty light shines out of his hand. It stung for a moment, making me jump. But the sting died down quickly, it felt kinda ticklish before I didn't feel anything and his grace disappeared. The wound was now nothing but a faint scar and all the blood was gone, except from on my shirt.

Then he removed his hand and I look at him. "Better?" He asks. I nod "Yeah, thank you". He shrugs, smiling slightly. I went to walk past him, but he stopped me "Y/n...". Furrowing my eyebrows, I meet his gaze again "What?". He sighs "You are not a coward. You did what you had to do to stay alive. Which is all we can ask for. I think I speak for Sam and Dean when I say they would prefer for you to run than if you stayed and got yourself even more hurt, or worse. It doesn't make you a coward, it makes you human. You are one of the bravest people I know". I smile slightly before mumbling "Thanks, Cas". "If you would like to, I can help you train. Perhaps prevent this from happening so often" He offers. "Really?" I ask. He nods "Yes, if you want to". I nod "Yeah, I would love that. Thank you, Cas!". I hug him tightly, making him chuckle "You're welcome, y/n".

Just as we pulled away, we heard the bunker door open and Dean's booming voice echoed through the halls
"Y/n! Where are you? How was your first hunt by yourself?". I look up at Cas "Please don't tell them". He smiles softly, nodding "Okay". "Promise?" I question him. He nods "I promise".

Third POV

While she went to lie about her experience to her brothers, Cas disappeared to deal with a certain Werewolf.
_______

- W.S