A Small Glass Of Jealousy

As everyone began to return home from the ceremony and the Madrigals retreated to their rooms for the night, we sat in Mirabel's room waiting. "Okay! Perfect time for the tour! You're dress is halfway done and everyone is in their rooms." Mirabel peeked out the door one last time to make sure it was clear.

She guided us along the hallways of the magic mansion and explained each room throughly. "Here's Dolores' room, she can probably hear us since she has super hearing." As she passed Isabela's room her voice had an annoyed tone. "And Isabela. It's just big and filled with flowers." She whispered, "She even grew some plants with her face on it." We giggled.

I'm starting to like Mirabel, even though I'm not supposed to like the Madrigals, she seems chill.

"(Y/N) and (F/N) is there anything else you want to know?" As our tour came to an end. "I don't think so..." (F/N) replied. "Feel free to wander around for anything you need. I don't think anyone will mind." She stated. We returned to Mirabel's room and played a couple board games, trying to be as quiet as possible.

I can't even believe that I'm in the Madrigal's house. I'm betraying everything I know. Of course my parents won't find out because I told them I was with (F/N) and (F/N) told hers she was with me. But it's still shocking.

We continued to laugh and talk for a couple more hours until everyone else began to get tired. I set up a pallet on the floor while (F/N) and Mirabel took the twin beds in the room.

*Time Skip*

(F/N) and Mirabel were knocked out. I sat there laying flat on the pallet, which was surprisingly comfortable, unable to sleep. I tossed and turned and decided I needed a walk and a glass of milk.

I peeked out the blue door to Mirabel's room and the coast was clear. I stepped outside of the room, Casita lifting a couple tiles questioning what I'm doing. I whispered, "Shh Casita. I'm going to get a snack." The tile lifted in agreement then quietly went back into place.

I walked down the stairs that Casita created just for me to hurry downstairs. I walked into the large kitchen and flicked on the lights looking for the fridge. I grabbed a glass of milk and peacefully walked to the dining room. I sat at the dining table relaxing and drinking the glass of milk I had prepared.

I jumped as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Camilo pulled out a chair and sat beside me. "I can't sleep either." He said, looking straight ahead. "Probably because you were still laughing about earlier." I retorted. He chucked and replied, "I didn't laugh!"  "You so did." I elbowed the boy.

Why am I feeling so comfortable around them? My parents put such a bad rap on them but they are surprisingly really cool people.

"Okay," he admitted. "I may have giggled."  We  laughed a bit longer. He then looked me in the eyes, and I melted a bit. He sure was cute, I thought. Then he broke eye contact then looked at my hair then once again at my eyes and smiled.

"There's still a bit of bird poop in your hair." He smiled. I panicked and began dusting my head. He kept laughing and I guess we were too loud because (F/N) and Mirabel woke up and came into the kitchen seeing Camilo laughing and me panicking.

"What are you guys up to..." (F/N) asked as she saw Camilo using a napkin to dust at my head. We froze and looked over. "I came to get a glass of milk. I couldn't sleep, but Camilo heard me and joined in."

"You guys seem like you're getting along well. I'm going back to the room anyways, night guys! And be quieter, you don't want to wake Abuela." (F/N) gave me a disappointing look as she followed Maribel back into the room, I get it, I was hanging out with her crush and didn't let her know. But nothing was going to happen.

Camilo followed me back upstairs and we parted and walked into our rooms.

*Time Skip*

We wake up bright and early. I put on my new dress that Maribel finished and walk downstairs with Mirabel and (F/N). We sat at the table in random spots hoping we didn't steal anyones chair.

Camilo sat right by me and (F/N) blushed. He smiled at me and (F/N) then took a plate when handed to him. The rest of the family filed in, not paying me and (F/N) any attention.

Antonio comes over and gives me a hug. "Sorry about last night, (Y/N)." I don't remember telling him my name... "Dolores told me your name if you don't mind." He replied as if he read my mind. The big eyed, brown haired girl said a quick 'hm' and smiled.

Camilo looked at me and asked me to pass the plate of arepa con quesos. I looked around but didn't see it so he reached in front of me and grabbed it. Smiling as he leans back into his seat

"Camilo!" His mother said, "don't reach over our guests!" Camilo smiled at me then said, "Sorry , Mami." And continued eating.

We thanked the Madrigals for letting us stay and me and (F/N) walked out of the Casita, tapping the door goodbye.

As we approached the center of town, (F/N) grabbed my shoulders and faced me. "What are you doing? Are your flirting with my only crush in this entire town?" "What?" I looked confused. My family HATES the Madrigals, it would never work. He just started a conversation while we were in the kitchen."

Her face seemed a bit more relaxed. "Okay, I'm sorry for coming at you like that. I just... it's my crush you know? I can't help but feel jealous." I laughed. "I understand." We went our separate ways and walked to our houses.

While back at the Casita, Camilo couldn't get (Y/N) out of his mind.