The Visions That Hold the Truth

Camilo finally fell asleep. His restless face once again at ease since this morning's incident. It was late at night. I brushed a quick hand brought his hair then kissed him on the cheek. A small smile appeared on his lips.

I carefully stood up and walked to Mirabel's room, quietly shutting the door behind me. As I travelled, I noticed the spot where the candle had fallen. Small wax stains still sat on the ground. I flinched at the memory.

I opened Mirabel's door. A snoring girl lay draped in her bed, covers and pillows were on the ground.

"Mirabel, wake up." I gently shook her. She jolted awake and adjusted her glasses. "(Y/N), you scared me!" She whisper-shouted.

"Shhh. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I need your help." I put a finger to my lips, motioning her to keep it down.

She took her glasses off to quickly rub her eyes. "With what?" She furrowed her thick brows.

"I need to see Bruno."

Her tired eyes widened in shock. "Why?"

"I need a vision, or help on how we can fix the Miracle."

"They all lost their gifts, remember. He can't make a vision, and if he could, he stopped a long time ago. He said that last time." She wiped her face with her hand.

"Even if he did lose his gift, something this important would have already been foreseen. It's worth a shot, Mira. Please come with me." I pleaded. Putting on fake puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, I will. But why didn't you ask Camilo first?" She asked standing.

"He's been stressed all day, and I wanted to hopefully find something to cheer him up. Finding a way on how to save the Miracle would definitely make me happy." I shrugged.

Mirabel stood and followed me out of her room. Stopping as Camilo waited outside the door.

"Why didn't you tell me? I wanna help." He put his hand in his hair.

"I was letting you sleep, 'Milo. You didn't get any rest all day. You've been so stressed."

"We'll I'm awake now, so let's go. I need to fix what I ruined." He led the way to the painting that sat in the hall. Lifting it's edge, Camilo held it open so me and Mirabel could climb inside.

Climbing in behind us, Camilo lightly coughed as dust flew into his mouth. A 'Shhh' came from our mouths as we silenced him. "Hey, I was choking." We 'shhhh'd' him again and he rolled his eyes.

As we approached the gorge in the floor with the wooden plank bridge, I looked over at him. "No rats this time." He put his hands up in protest. "Promise." He said while laughing. We continued down the dark, old, and wooden hall.

Camilo stopped at a wall. "I think this is my mom and dad's room on the other side." He muffled a laugh as he placed his ear against the wall. Loud snores came from the room.

"Come on, Camilo." Mirabel motioned him closer as she opened the small door that led to Bruno's room.

His old room was still the same as last time. He lay asleep in the old chair with an old blanket draped across him and a rat in his lap.

The rat squeaked, waking Bruno up. "Who's there?!" He yelled. A sleeping mask covered his eyes. Grabbing the rat he began swinging it back and forth. "I have rats and I'm not afraid to use them."

"Tio," Mirabel started. "We need your help."

He took the mask off uncovering one eye. "Listen, if you're hear for a vision, I don't do those anymore. And I can't! We just lost our gifts for goodness sake."

I shook my head. "No, Bruno. I wanted to know if you knew anything about how we can fix the Miracle."

Placing the eye mask back on his face he got comfortable in his chair. "Remember, I don't do visions anymore. Last time was an exception. You used your free pass." A rat took a small piece of paper that had free pass written in it and tore it up.

"See? Free pass expired."  He made a shoo'ing motion towards us.

"Please, Bruno. Just give us something? You have to have something that can help us fix it!"

"I can't, especially not with this one. They're too horrible. They can't be true, I can't let them be true. That's why I keep them in a drawer. If they surface, maybe that will give them what they need to come true."His eye mask was off now. And he looked at us with honesty in his eyes. "These visions were the reason why I left."

"Please, tio. Just show us. We're prepared. We have to do something to fix this, our whole family is at risk." Mirabel pleaded.

"I don't do visions." He stated.

Camilo walked up to him. "Please, I need to fix it. The candle breaking, was my fault." His voice cracked as he said the last bit. "We need you're help."

He stood for a moment. Finally licking his lips in agreement. Bruno stood from his chair and walked towards an old drawer. Pulling out 2 green, glowing slips of emerald.

"Please show no one." His tone was serious. He repeated his shoo'ing motion. "Now get outta here. And don't come back." He joked. "This room is supposed to be a secret."

We waved goodbye and walked out of the room, the visions tucked lightly under my shirt.

"What did you eat?" Camilo joked as the green glow shined through.

*Mini Time Skip to Mirabel's Room"

Surrounding her desk, we laid the two visions out. Our faces tense with anticipation. Would these visions really help?

We connected the few pieces that were broken off. The glow was even brighter when it was connected.

Mirabel adjusted her glasses and took a closer look. "(Y/N), I think you wanna see this..." she gulped, the words getting stuck in her throat.

I looked down at the vision.

My mouth dropped as I noticed my face. It was happy, but why? What does this mean?