The Man in the Painting

"Yesterday was, pretty successful. If I do say so myself." Camilo smirked. "I love your mom." You laughed. You were both heading back towards the Casita after picking up (F/N) to meet with Mirabel.

"So how's your day so far, (F/N)?" You asked, forgetting your agreement. She was silent. "Shoot, I forgot, sorry." You replied.

Camilo leaned into your ear in whispered. "What's happening?" "I'll tell you later, long story," You assured.

*Time Skip*

As you made it back to the Casita, you saw Mirabel waving to you at the top of the stairs. You all followed her as she walked and talked.

"So, long story short, I saw Luisa running on the treadmill Casita set for her. I was like, I can totally do this. So I got on with her and started running. I was doing pretty good actually but then-"

(F/N) paused her. "Okay Mirabel your story is getting a little long."

"My bad." She continued. "But then, Luisa started speeding up and I couldn't keep up and I slipped falling Into the wall. This wall in specific." She pointed at a wall with a painting and a table on it.

"Your point is?" Camilo questioned trying to speed her up. "This painting moves and there's a secret room behind it." She frowned. "You guys are no fun, you didn't even want to hear how I thought to move it."

Mirabel lead the way as you all entered into the hole, except Camilo. "Are we really jumping into dark holes behind secret paintings?" We could hear him hesitating before hearing a light bump behind us as he jumped down.

The floor beneath us seemed ragged and unsafe. A small shriek left my mouth as something furry climbed over my leg.

"(Y/N), it's a rat." He sighed while picking it up. "Oh, it just shocked me. That's all." You started walking. Camilo slowed down and was now behind you. He snuck the rat besides your ear.

You jumped, the ground beneath you breaking. Camilo grabbed your hand, pulled you up, and forced you into a tight hug looking at the hole behind you. As your head was on his chest you can hear his heart racing.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry, I'm very sorry." He began rapidly apologizing. You just turned to face the hole once more than squeezed Camilo tighter. Mirabel and (F/N) caught on, looking back at the hole and gasped.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?!" Even (F/N) seemed worried. Camilo placed kisses on your head in between mumbles sorry's." His hands gently stroking your hair.

Mirabel placed a spare wooden plank over the hole. "Try to walk over!" She whisper-shouted. Camilo led you out in front of him, hands on your hips stabling you. Even though he just possibly almost killed you, this still gave you butterflies.

He pulled you back to his side once you both crossed and said, "no more rats, I promise." As he kissed your head once more, his breath shaky.

As you all reached the end of the tunnel, a small old, wooden door awaited you. You all faced each other, everyone's hand on the knob, and opened it at the same time. Your eyes all growing wide.

"Bruno." You said freezing. He jumped. "Okay, I'd be surprised if one person found me, but a whole crew?!" Bruno turned around and threw his hands in the air.

"Okay, he is totally not framed ANYWHERE near 7 feet." His eyes were wide with disbelief. "Where have you been?!" Camilo said confused. "I've been here. This whole time, I never left." He shrugged. "But why?" Mirabel asked.

"I'll tell you later," he brushed it off. "But who are these people?" He looked at us, possibly silently judging. "I think I've seen them in a vision, but can't pinpoint any names." "This is (Y/N), my girlfriend, and her best friend, (F/N)." Camilo explained.

"Ooooh congrats, sobrino!" He said proudly bringing him in for a hug. Camilo laughed. "Is she a good one?" Bruno whispered to Camilo. He nodded, a smile formed on his lips. "But I did almost kill her on the unstable floors you have leading to your room with a rat." Camilo stated. Bruno laughed.

Mirabel wondered off looking at all the trinkets his small room had to offer. "You watch us eat?!" She said confused. "Yeah... but no..." He paused. "I mostly watch my rat shows." He pulled a rat over to a mini stage. "But I do sometimes join you guys for dinner." He used air quotes  and pointed to his small table set up.

"What about the vision?" Camilo cut to the chase. "With the three of us," he motioned towards you, himself, and Mirabel.

"Oh nope," Bruno brought his hands behind his head. "I stopped visions long ago." "Y-y-you CANT!" Mirabel stuttered. "We need to help the Miracle and there isn't much we know." He sighed and sat into an old chair. Dust particles filling the air as he coughed.

"Sit class." He motioned. You all followed his directions. "I'm gonna make this short and quick because I'm serious, I really don't want to deal with any visions. There's a reason that one was up in my tower. Which hey, why are you in my tower." He rambled. "Anyways."

"It looks like we are all no longer fighting," he said while remembering the vision. "Nice." "What do we need to do to make everyone smile?" You pressed. "Well, (Y/N), I think that everyone is just getting along well together and the house doesn't seemed cracked anymore and..." he looked around, the candle is glowing. Boom." He did a mic drop motion not really answering your question.

"How are we supposed to "make everyone get along"?" You said in quotes. "I don't know. These aren't super detailed." He began to yawn. "Why did you all come so early? Next time, don't come at the same time as my scheduled nap." He sat in his chair and pulled a blanket over him. "Come back later if you need anything." He used the shooing motion to lead us out, immediately falling asleep after.

You all left back to Mirabel's room, making sure to close the painting tightly. "That was eventful." You started. "My boyfriend almost killed me, we found Bruno, and somewhat know how to help the Miracle." "Not my fault you're afraid of rats." Camilo started. "Shut it 'Milo." He laughed.

"So how are we supposed to connect our families, or something?" Mirabel questioned. "Maybe a dinner!" Her eyes widened as her lightbulb went off and she put her pointer finger in the air.

"Okay, but can we work on this later?" (F/N) started. "I really need to get back to the center to help with my dads shop." You all nodded. "So we can try to plan a dinner, tomorrow. Great." Mirabel confirmed.

*Time Skip to Camilo's Room*

I want you to meet more of my family, but I'm not sure how they will react yet." He said, sighing. "We've had enough family meeting for today." I laughed. "I'd rather spend some more time with you."

"With me?" Camilo placed his hand on his heart, pretending to be shocked. You nudged him, grabbing his shirt and pulling him close. "You're such a flirt, Princessa." Camilo said, inches from your face. 

"You're trying so hard not to kiss me right now." You laughed. "I can see it in your face." "Am not," he disagreed, staring even more intently. Now you were fighting the urge not to kiss him.

His perfect freckled face was smirking as he saw you get more irritated. "Come on, (Y/N). You know I don't like to lose." He created a game on who would be the first to fall. You gave in.

"You're so bad at these games." He laughed. You'd shrugged, "it was worth it." "Just realizing," you paused. "Dolores can probably hear all this." You Palmed  your face and leaned into Camilo's chest. He laughed. "Yep, let her hear." He smirked.

"Say, what's going on with you and (F/N)." You sighed. "Well, if you couldn't tell, (F/N) has a huge crush on you and us dating caused her to need a break. It's understandable since I did break girl code." You said into his hug.

"It would have always been you, (Y/N) anyways." He said rubbing your back.

The door opened and Mirabel came in mid-embrace. You separated. They're were shocked for a second but then in Luisa's panicked voice she made out, "my gift is gone."