Chapter 9

I stared at his bound hands, biting my lip. Memories of my own hands being bound in this very house reminded me of it too much. Then, my hands were small, bony and almost black with dirt. The outline of each bone becoming more apparent with every passing day. 

"Fuck it," I muttered.

I untied his binds with a shaky conscience, knowing he could attack me.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

I ignored him and threw the rope on the ground. 

"You know I could throttle you by the neck at any moment, Mia?"

"Yes,"

"Then why untie me?"

"Too suspicious, no?"

He half smiled. The half that wasn't was buried deep with concern and curiosity though he'd tried to hide it. 

"There is a ball tonight. Be my date," he stated suddenly. I was silent with shock and anger. I wanted to break his nose very badly, "it wasn't a question, Mia,"

"I'm not going to a ball and i'm especially not going to be your date," I spun on my heel to head for the door, then I realised how petty I must look.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Out,"

"Oh dear, it seems you havent thought about one thing in your plan," he mimicked and I almost laughed. Little did he know.

"Oh your right, how am I going to get out of this damn room? Gosh that's a tricky one,"

Oh today was a day for confused and furrowed eyebrows. His face was a bloody picture. 

"Maybe I should torture you to give me the combination or..."

"You wouldn't,"

"Tell me, Antonio, do you like where your balls where they are right now?"

"Yes I do," he stood defensively with his jaw set in a sturdy position. 

I studied his face mockingly for a few good long seconds before cracking a smirk. His shoulders released a waterfall of tension and he looked rather angry with himself.

"Don't mistake me for a good person now, Antonio, because if I didn't already have the combination you would be super ball-less," 

He looked very uncomfortable. I was halfway putting the code into the door when he said, "I'll come with you,"

"I thought that was already agreed,"

"Well, I-"

"Well I-," I snickered and turned to face him stood almost directly behind me. I tilted my head in understanding. Oh he was a slimy little snake, "You were going to double cross me. How silly that would have been if you hadn't made the excellent decision as of ten seconds ago,"

"But we should still go to the ball,"

I returned to the combination, "This ball seems important to you,"

"It is,"

"What do you plan on doing there? I take it not dancing and drinking like what you're supposed to do at a ball,"

The door clicked. I grabbed the duffel bag, slung it over my shoulder.

"I actually planned on killing someone,"

"Oh the good ol' gang rivalries. I'll pass,"

"No, please, he's the biggest threat we've come across. I've spent months... years tracking him down and herding him in and bam! Dead. This is important,"