Chapter Two - The Warrior

-Easin Hills-

And so, Serena begins her journey. "May I purchase this?" She asks the innkeeper, eyeing a broomstick on sale. He nods monotonously and goes back to filing his nails with a dagger. She gingerly fetches some gold from her coin pouch and leaves it on the desk. "Thank you!"

She inspects her bag one last time before leaving the inn. It's time for her to save the rest of the townspeople's faces. She's determined, but like she asked, can she really do it alone?

She travels east, at the crack of dawn. The gentle breeze relaxes her. Easin Hills is a beautiful place, with fresh, green grass, the kind that feels nice under your feet, the prettiest blooming flowers, and lots of warm sunshine. If you were to come here you wouldn't suspect that there was something dreadful happening, that there was a face-stealing, robe-wearing Dark Lord named Steve terrorizing their world. That was her impression of Miitopia at first- She thought that she could finally relax here, but alas, she was thrust into a quest to save their world.

She hears a Rock Moth screech nearby. Oh boy. She thought to herself. She looked around for the critter and found it quite quickly. It notices her almost immediately and lets out a deafening screech. She covers her ears but then prepares for battle.

Well, at least this time I can fight back... She thinks to herself. She takes out her broom and points it at the moth. "Fire!"

---New Skill: Fire!---

She casts the spell on it, causing its wings to light on fire. It screeches. Flapping its wings wildly, it speeds towards her and attacks her. "YIPES! TAKE THIS, YOU FIEND!" She yells, wacking the moth with her broom. It falls, and the face is freed. "Phew..."

LEVEL UP!

She continues on her merry way, defeating singular enemies until... She had found a group of monsters, and they circled in on her.

-----

A nervous mage is surrounded by rock moths and goblins.

"Erm... I can't fight these things." She stammers, backing into a wall, as the monsters close in. "I'm cornered... Oh, deary, I'm in a bit of a pickle."

"Ho-ho! Looks like you're having a tough time there, champ." The guardian angel says.

"Oh thank the stars..." Serena fumbled around in her satchel and pulled out the charm. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Now then, young Serena! You seem to be in a bit of a... err, sticky situation. No need to worry though, young one! Help is coming!"

"Phew, I can't handle these by myself... If I may ask, who is coming-"

"Buddoh, budday... buhDEE!"

"Wha-"

A flash of light consumes the hills, blinding her. When it dissipates, standing a few feet away from her, the rock wall, and the monsters is... a warrior boy?-

"How did I get here?-" He looks around, and notices the monsters, silencing him. He notices the mage in peril, so he charges toward the fiends. He swiftly takes care of the foes, downing them in a few hits. The enemies drop dead, and the stolen faces return whence they came, leaving a very confused Serena to gape at what had just transpired.

"Who- who are you?" She inquired.

She took a closer look at the warrior standing before her. The boy had curly hair that covered his face. It was dyed a black and red ombre. He stood a few inches taller than Serena and had pale skin. He was wearing the default Warrior armor, and it was colored red. His scabbard hung by his right leg. It was painted black, and his sword had a black handle, and a silver pommel and guard. (Basically, a standard knight's sword)