Chapter Three- The Cleric

Note:

Before we begin this chapter, I would like to announce something. Instead of completely following the plot of Miitopia and copying the dialogue with NPCs word-for-word, I'll make this more fanon than canon.

Alright, that's it. Let's get to the story then, shall we?

------

Morning came quickly, much to the dismay of the traveling pair. Tiredly they stumble out of the Inn, beginning their search for the lost faces once more.

---

"Daniel, you get the Goblin, and I'll get the cloud!"

 It seems that the two are in a battle! Let's see how this one will go.

The cloud lunges at Serena, which she dodges with ease.

"Alright, Fire!" She shouts, waving her wand at the fiend. It lets out a shriek as the flames evaporate it, and the face that was stuck onto it flies off. Serena turns to Daniel. He brandishes his sword, slashing at the goblin and blocking its futile attempts to fight back. He finishes it off with a Jump Slash, adding one more rescued face to their tallies.

They celebrate their victory, but soon Serena laments. Those faces weren't the ones she was looking for. "So many monsters, so many faces, but why can't we find the ones we need?" The mage stomps impatiently.

"Patience, Serena..." Daniel sighs, "We'll find them eventually."

A few battles later, Serena and Daniel notice it's getting late. "We better find an inn soon. It's getting dark," Serena whispers, "Isn't it odd that we haven't seen one yet-"

Quite abruptly, a monster flies out of a bush behind her, and she shrieks. Daniel widens his eyes and unsheathes his sword, beginning another battle.

This time, however, the pair were outnumbered. Four monsters surrounded them, and although they could indefinitely pull through, the two were already tuckered from their traveling, which allowed the monsters to attack first. Serena uses her last bit of energy to cast Lightning upon the fiends, shocking them and stunning them for a little bit. Daniel uses this opening to run his sword through the foes. Thankfully, the monsters die, leaving two very tired travelers gasping. "That... was... a close call." Serena pants, "Much too close."

Gathering the last of their strength, they continue to walk, hoping that an inn would be right ahead. They were correct.

They slept soundly that night.

---

In another realm, the Guardian Spirit looks down upon their chosen champion. A worried expression is plastered on their face. "It seems that the child needs aid." It muses, "If that is the case, then I'll send her that help!"

They raise their staff.

---

Someplace far, far away, a brown-haired individual is seated at their desk, when suddenly:

"Yoshubi, can you hear me?" A voice speaks from another realm.

"W-what?!?" They look around in shock, "Where did that voice come from?-"

"Ah, I did not mean to scare you. Allow me to introduce myself! I am the Guardian Spirit, and I have chosen you to assist my champion in her quest to save Miitopia. Please, lend her your aid!"

Yoshubi thinks for a moment. Savior of... Miitopia? Do they mean that island?

"...Miitopia is that island, right?" They ask, "Why would it need saving?"