Chapter 1

Hi!! This is my second story and I am still quite new to this. I must admit I am very excited about this story. This is how it goes... the most votes and comments per chapter will get a chapter dedicated to them every so often and the most by the end of the story gets the entire story dedicated to them. You cant beat that! Well here you go! Enjoy!!!!

Upon opening my eyes from a sweet night's somber the first thing I saw was the grey sky. Grey. Like the color of my heart.

I'm not one of those every waking moment depressed type of people. It's just that it seemed so hard for me to find love.

Don't get me wrong I have had dates. Yet they had all ended the same way. In such disappointment.

I stepped into the bathroom and took a long look at myself. I'm not conceited in any way but I don't think that I am ugly.

"So what is wrong with me?" I asked the person staring back at me.

My hair was dark like the night. Now I know why my mother named me Raven. I thought it fit me.

I loved my complexion. Like other girls my age I never had to worry about using certain soaps and creams. I could thank my parents for that, dad is Italian and my mother is black. English is the only language I know, although my father is fluent in Italian.

The weirdest thing about me, is that I have blue eyes. My mother obviously doesn't have blue eyes neither does my father so I don't know where they came from.

I turned on some music and tried to wake myself up. I wasn't really the caffeine type, so this was my caffeine.

I showered quickly. Can't be late on my first day.

Yes, I am a college student. I thought it would have been a great idea to party and work after high school until my dad dropped the bomb. Either he would cut me off and not help me with my expenses or I go to college.

Today was my first day of college. I knew that I would go some day but I really didn't think it would be now. I mean I'm 23 years old for snuffs sakes. I had even decided on a major. It would be nursing.

Today I felt like wearing my hair naturally curly. It was so frigging long that I was tempted to cut it on many occasions. I could hear my dad say Bambina your hair is your pride and glory. Don't cut it.

Black fitted tattered skinny jeans, a black one shoulder blouse and baby doll flats. I will keep it simple today for my first day.

I sent a pic to my BFF Daisy and headed out.

Oh can't forget to lock the apartment. I did so and headed out.

I hopped into my car and took off. I think I'm making good timing. I only live about 7 minutes from the college. I wonder what my professors would be like. Maybe old, cruddy and mean.

As I pulled into my parking space I grabbed my bag and started inside. *beep beep*

Hi honey I hope you have a great first day. If you need anything just let me know. ­-Dad

This man was my knight in shining armor. Ever since my mom bailed on us and skipped town with some low life he was all that I really had. Well him and my little brother Jake.

Hi dad. I'm ok for now. I'm just getting here and I will let you know how everything goes. Love you! <3

I had just pressed send on my new iPhone when someone bumped into me hard and made me almost meet the pavement.

Jerk!

Well here I go, about to get the worst bruise of a lifetime, thanks a lot whoever you are. Just as I was about to embrace the cold hard ground two huge arms engulfed around me and caught me.