III. Year 1: Ron and Hermione

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

"He's not Fred, I am!"

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

Harry was standing in the middle of Platforms 9 and 10, having no clue where to go because Hagrid left him and said to go to Platform 9 3/4, but Harry didn't see a Platform 9 3/4 anywhere.

He just stood there utterly confused. Maybe this was a sign, maybe he should just go back to the Dursley's. This was all too good to be true anyway. He was seriously contemplating leaving when a large, ginger family came walking past him with trolleys and animals much like him.

"Like every year! Packed with muggles," the mother announced to her 5 kids. Harry knew that word, Muggle, as a wizard word so he followed them. "Platform 9 3/4 this way!"

"Alright, Percy you first," the woman said. The one who appeared to be the oldest ran through the wall between Platforms 10 and 9 and disappeared. "Alright Fred you next."

She gestured towards one of the twin boys, but the other spoke. "He's not Fred, I am!" The boy joked.

"Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother," the other joked.

"Oh, I'm sorry George," the mother apologized.

The boy rolled his trolly so he was standing in front of his mum and sister. "I'm only joking, I am Fred!" Fred laughed before running through the wall, his twin brother following behind him.

"Excuse me!" Harry yelled, moving forward. This was his chance. The mother and her two remaining kids walked over to him. "Could you tell me how to..."

"How to get onto the platform?" She asked sweetly. Harry nodded. "Ah, yes, not to worry dear! It's Rons first time to Hogwarts as well." The boy Harry's age smiled at him and he smiled back at the boy. "Alright, so all you have to do is walk straight at the wall between Platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run."

"Good luck." The girl who looked slightly younger than him, smiled. Was she blushing?

Harry nodded and ran forward into the platform. He was now standing in another station which he knew about was the wizard when he read the sign above him, Platform 9 3/4. There was a red train parked on the tracks and hundreds of wizards and their children bustling around happily around him. He smiled before stepping onto the train and finding a empty compartment.

A few moments later the ginger boy from earlier poked his head into the compartment. "Excuse me." Harry tore his gaze away from the window and towards the boy. "Do you mind? Everywhere else is full."

"Not at all," Harry said, giving the boy a small smile.

The boy fully stepped into the compartment and sat across from Harry. He extended his hand out to Harry. "I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley."

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter," Harry replied, reaching out to shake Ron's hand.

Ron's eyes widened and his mouth fell open in shock. "So.. so its true? Do you have the... the.."

"The what?" Harry was confused, but when had he not been in the last 3 months.

"The scar."

"Oh, yeah." Harry pulled back the hair that was covering his forehead, revealing the lightning bolt scar that he got to night his father and mother died.

"Wicked." Ron smiled, staring at the scar in awe.

Harry stifled and small laugh before shooting the red-head a smile. The trolley lady appeared in front of their compartment with a trolley full of wizard treats. "Anything off the trolly, dears?" She asked.

"No thanks, I'm all set." Ron said sounding and looking disappointed as he held up a depressing looking sandwhich.

Harry frowned and dug in his pocket for money. "We'll take the lot."

He didn't fail to notice how Ron's face lit up.

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

They were both now eating away at the pile of treats Harry had bought for them. "I still have no clue how I got so much money in my vault at Gringotts." Harry said.

Ron just shrugged. "Well considering your father came from one of the purist and richest
wizarding families in England, it's not too surprising."

"He did?!" Harry had sort of assumed that, but the confirmation was still comforting. He now knew that was one more fact he knew about his father.

"Yeah, your father was a Potter. The Potters were all pure bloods that I'm aware of, but weren't apart of the Sacred 28 like the Blacks or Lestranges were because they didn't believe in blood supremacy," Ron explained.

Before Harry could respond, a girl with bushy hair poked her head through their compartment door. "Have you seen a toad? A boy named Nevilles lost one?" The girl asked.

"No," Ron stated, his mouth full of food, before turning to Harry. "Wanna see this cool spell Fred and George taught m?"

Harry shrugged. "Let's see then," Hermione smiled, sitting across from Harry in Ron's old seat across from Harry.

"Sunshine daisies, bottom mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He stated, pointing his wand at his rat, Scabbers, who had his head in his empty candy carton.

Nothing happened besides the carton flying off of Scabbers's head. Ron turned to Harry who just shrugged.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" The girl asked. Ron nodded. "Well it's not very good, is it?" Ron turned to Harry with an annoyed look, but Harry only smiled at his friend.

"I've only tried a few simple spells myself, but they all worked perfectly fine," she replied sassily. She then pulled out her wand and pointed it at Harry, who's eyes went wide in fear. "For example, Oculus Repairo!"  The small crack on Harry's glasses disappeared. "That's better isn't it?"

Harry just nodded and took his glasses off to examine them. "Holy cricket- You're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger," she introduced before turning to Ron. "And you are?"

"Um, Ron Weasley."

"Pleasure." Hermione stated, cringing at the fact that Ron was talking with his mouth full. "Well I best be going now."

With that, she walked out of the compartment and the boys were alone again.

***

Words: 1172