XIII: Year 1: The House Cup

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

"Harry couldn't believe it, they had really won!"

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

Harry woke up in the hospital wing. He looked around and found himself surrounded by sweets and get well cards. He smiled to himself. He heard footsteps approaching and he turned to see Dumbledore.

"Good afternoon, Harry," the old man greeted. "Ah, tokens from your admirers."

"Admirers?" He asked very confused. He'd never had admirers before.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally, the whole school knows."

Harry smiled a little to himself. "Nothing really is a secret here is it?"

Dumbledore reached down and picked up an empty chocolate frog box. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs."

"Ron was here?"

"Many students have been here. Where do you think you got all the sweets and cards from?"

"Is he alright? What about Hermione?"

"Fine. They are both just fine."

Harry smiled again. "But what happened to the stone?"

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But then, Flamel... he'll die, won't he?"

Dumbledore sat down next to him. "He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order. But, yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the stone sir?"

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted only to find the stone, but not use it would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas and between you and me that is saying something."

Harry let out a little laugh. "Does that mean that with the stone gone that is that Voldemort can never come back?"

"Ah, I'm afraid... there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" He shook his head. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry reached up to touch his lightning scar. "No, no. This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your skin."

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry. Mothers love."

Harry's brows furrowed in confusion. "But, Lily wasn't my mother. I- I know that now. It was Regulus."

"I don't know how you know that, but Lily Evans must have loved you like a mother when she died I suppose," he answered before he stood up. "Ah, Bertie Botts every flavor beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavor. And since then I'm afraid I've lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe," he said as he reached in and grabbed one. "Ah, alas. Ear wax."