XI. Year 1: Dragons, Fathers, and Annoying Cousins

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

"I'm sorry did you say something, Black?"

⋆ ✵ ⋆ ❀

A lot had happened in the last couple of months. His broom had been jinxed at his first ever Quidditch match (possibly by Professor Snape), they had learned the philosophers stone was hidden somewhere in Hogwarts, Harry had overheard a suspicious conversation between Snape and Professor Quirrel, they had learned Hagrid was illegally storing a dragon egg he won in his hut, and most importantly, Harry had learned he had two dads, James Potter and Regulus Black.

That was truthfully what he going to talk to Hagrid about because he knew for a fact that Hagrid knew about his real parents and Harry was determined to learn more. Well, and he wanted to see if the dragon egg had hatched.

When he arrived at Hagrids hut, he knocked on the large door. He heard rustling in the hut and a few seconds later Hagrid opened the door. "Oh, hello, Harry," the giant greeted.

"Hello, Hagrid. Can I come in, I have something important to talk to you about."

" 'course Harry," Hagrid stated as he stepped out of the way to welcome Harry into the hut.

Harry took a seat at the table where he was shocked to see a hatched dragon egg and baby dragon dragon next to it. "The egg hatched?!" Harry exclaimed, staring at the baby dragon with fascination.

"Meet Norbert, Harry," Hagrid said as he sat down and gestured towards to dragon. "But, that isn't important, what did you want to ask me?"

"Oh, um, yeah." Harry bit his his lip nervously before speaking again, "I sort of... know that... Regulus is my dad."

Horror and fear covered Hagrid's face for a brief second before it shifted into confusion. "No, James is your father."

"No! I- I know. What I meant was that, I know that Regulus and James are my fathers. Lily isn't my mother. And don't say that you didn't know or that they aren't my parents because I know you know, Hagrid."

Hagrid was silent for a moment, tapping his fingers nervously on the table. He seemed to be contemplating how he should answer that accusation. "I may have... known something 'bout that."

"Why didn't you tell me? Were you seriously just going to let me believe Lily was my mother for all six of my years at Hogwarts?"

"I was gonna tell you, Harry, but Dumbledore made me swear not to. I told him you 'ought to know, but he told me it wasn't wise. It was for your safety wether you understand that right now or not.

"Then help me understand," Harry begged. "Please, Hagrid. I want to know about them. They are parents."

Hagrid seemed to cave in at Harry's desperate look. "Look, I wasn't all too familiar with James while he was at Hogwarts, but I knew about, Regulus."