Breakfast

I go downstairs and see 'Dolores' packing food onto her plate. Mirabel is talking to her, but in reality I know she is talking to Camilo. I open my mouth to say something, but 'Dolores' shoots me a  pleading look. I roll my eyes and put some food on my plate. "Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." Tio Felix says, I turn to see him peeking out from the door way, the real Dolores behind him. "Worth a shot." Camilo says before being hit by Casita's shutters and almost dropping his plate. I laugh, earning a glare from Camilo, we walk to the table together and he sits next to Isabela, I grab the seat next to him.

Mirabel's POV:

        I get down to breakfast and see Dolores getting breakfast, perfect opportunity to speak with her. I walk over to her and grab a plate. "Dolores, hey. You know, out of all my older cousins, you're, like, my favorite cousin, so I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything." She just gives me a slightly concerned look before piling more arepas onto her plate. Alex comes up and the two exchange looks before Alex fixes a plate. "Like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that maybe I should know about." I say in a whisper, Dolores is still silent. "Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." Tio Felix says, I roll my eyes, of course it's Camilo. "Worth a shot." Camilo says before being hit by Casita's shutters and almost dropping his plate. 

        "The only one worried about the magic is you and the rats talking in the walls." The real Dolores says from behind me, I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, and Luisa, I heard her eye twitching all night. Annnd possibly Alex, they were talking to their photo." Dolores says, she then squeaks and walks off. Okay Luisa's eye never twitches and Alex only talks to their photo when they're stressed or upset. I need to talk to both of them. I should start with Luisa, she'll be harder to crack for sure.

Alex's POV:

       I'm talking with Camilo, tia Pepa is about to sit in front of me when Maribel slides into the seat. Tia starts thundering, but tio Felix calms her down almost immediately. Mirabel is saying something to Luisa, I find that much more interesting than what Abuela is saying so I try to strain to hear that. I can't make out anything until, "YOU DO!" Mirabel shouts, slamming her hand on the table. Everyone turns to look at her, Abuela gives her a stern look. "Mirabel! If you can't pay attention, I will help you."

"Oh, actually..."

"Casita!" Right on queue Casita moves Mirabel right next to Abuela. "As I was saying, we must never take our miracle for granted, so today we will work twice as hard." Abuela says, I see Luisa shift a bit in her seat. "Mm-hmm. I will help Luisa." Mirabel says trying to get up, she is forced back into her seat. "Stop." Abuela warns in a stern voice, Mirabel looks less than happy. "First, an announcement. I've spoken to the Guzmans about Mariano's proposal to Isabela." Abuela says, Isabela puts on a smile, I wonder how many other people can see that it's fake. "Dolores, do we have a date?" Abuela asks, I look at Dolores, who seems a little angry. She listens for a moment before responding. "Tonight. He wants five babies." Isabela gulps at this information, flowers sprout on her head. I give her a subtle look of sympathy. 

        "Wonderful!" Abuela exclaims plucking a singular white flower from the pink flowers upon Isabela's head, I roll my eyes. "Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger." Camilo shifts into Mariano and makes kissing sounds at Isabela, who simply rolls her eyes and hits him in the face with flowers. Camilo turns to me and spits out some flowers, I giggle, earning a stern look from Abuela. "Okay. Our community is counting on us. La Familia Madrigal!" Abuela says, we all repeat in unison. "La Familia Madrigal!" I look over to see Camilo looking at me with the biggest smirk plastered on his face. "So, do tell me about this whole flirting situation."