All of you Pt. 2

It has been two weeks since casita fell. In that time Alessandra let me hold her hand, our family has gotten pretty used to living without gifts, we have the walls set up, and I officially became the family therapist. As for the first thing, Alessandra and I decided to take it slow, we haven't even said I love you yet. Her letting me hold her hand was a huge leap for both of us. The second thing has been good for everyone, the entire family has grown to respect Mirabel a lot more than before. Her sisters and her have grown a lot closer, and everyone loves my papi, quirks and all. The entire family has become closer, we do family nights and fun activities now. And of course the next thing took a whole bunch of work, but it was worth it. We have  more personal relationships with the towns people and it's great. People are finally seeing us for who we are and not just for our gifts, or lack there of. And finally, we come to my therapy career. I have talked to everyone in this family about coping with the big change, all save one, Abuela, but that's about to change. She requested me to work her into my schedule.

        I walk over and see Mirabel, Isabelaand Luisa. The three have never been closer. They're talking, and I can't help but eavesdrop.

"It's a dream when we work as a team

You're so strong."

        Isabela says to Luisa, Mirabel nods in agreement. Luisa decides to speak the truth.
"Yeah, but sometimes I cry"
"So do I"

        Isabela and Mirabel say, hugging Luisa, who suddenly feels  happier.
"I may not be as strong but I'm getting wiser"

        Luisa admits, Isabela enthusiastically brings out plants.
"Yeah, I need sunlight and fertilizer
C'mon, let's plant something new and watch it fly"

"Straight up to the sky, let's go"

        The sisters each plant their own plant them, I decide to join them.
"The love inside us burns
As we let emotions show
And our our feelings change in turn"

        I walk up to a distraught Isabela looking at a sad Mariano.
"I think it's time you let him go. "
"We can do the talking for you."
        Mirabel and I say, Isabela nods. We walk over to Mariano.

"Hey Mariano, why so blue?"
"I just have so much love inside"

        I roll my eyes at how dramatic he's being, I put a hand on his shoulder.
"Y'know, we've got this cousin too?"
"Have you met Dolores?"
         We say before getting shooed away by Dolores herself.

"Okay, I'll take it from here, goodbye"
        Mirabel and I go hide with Isabela behind a donkey. We all listen very attentively. 
"You talk so loud
You take care of your mother and you make her proud
You write your own poetry every night when you go to sleep
And I'm seizing the moment, so would you wake up and notice me?"

          We all lean in, awaiting a response. "Dolores, I see you." Mariano says, Isabela looks relieved. "And I hear you." Dolores says with excitement, we all turn to each other. "Yes!" We exclaim, then I have a thought that apparently Mirabel and Isabela share:
"All of you, all of you!" We sing out from behind the donkey, earning us a glare from Dolores. "Let's get married." Mariano suggests, Dolores gives him a look. "Slooow down."

        When the day is done, I meet with Camilo. He's told me he's having trouble figuring out who he is without his gift. Everyone's always needed him to be someone else. Next is Luisa, she feels useless, but we've come a long way. Lastly for today is Abuela.

TW: Mentions not wanting to exist, self harm, and suicide. If this is an issue for you please talk to someone. If you are triggered by this then please skip this. 

        "Hola Abuela, take a seat." I say, she thanks me and sits on a cushion. "So, what can we talk about, I'm sure you are experiencing a lot of emotions right now." She sighs and goes on to tell me about the stress of the townspeople relying on the family that she's the matriarch of. "But, the real reason I'm here is this." She says pulling out a book, that I recognize. It's my journal, where I used to write down all the negative emotions that were troubling me. "Uh... no one was really supposed to see that." I whisper, she looks at me sympathetically. "I found it in the rubble." She says, she opens it to a random page. "I swear I'm fine." I say, she gives me an accusing look. "And sometimes I wish I were never born. I'm only a burden that weighs this family down. I wonder what would happen if I disappeared... I don't think it would really matter, except to Camilo. He cares, he stopped me the last time I thought about ending it. He literally saved my life."

         As Abuela read those words, my mind went to that night. the cold air, the view was stunning. I thought it would be the last thing I ever saw. I went to dive off the roof when there was a hand on my shoulder, I was quickly pulled into a hug by none other than Camilo. He's kept a close eye on me ever since. 

End TW

        "Why didn't you tell me?" She asks, tears sting my eyes. "I-I thought I would be more of a burden if I talked about it, so I just wrote bout it." Suddenly I feel arms around my shoulders, I am pulled into a strong hug. The tears stream down my cheeks, I have never had this kind of support from her. "NEVER, never, ever feel like you're burdening me with your emotions." She says, I breath in the moment. "I hope you realize we have to tell the rest of the family."