Chaos and Confusion

Camilo POV:

        I am pushed out of Casita along with the rest of the family, Mirabel is still inside. I look for Alex, when times get tough we usually comfort each other. I look through my family, they're not here, I look back to the house. "Mami, Alex is still inside too!" I say giving her a panicked look, she looks back at me with a similar expression. "Alex!" I yell running to Casita, but it just pushes me away. I feel tears sting my eyes as I realize the two people I felt like I could actually trust in the family are trapped inside a falling house and there's nothing I can do.

        The house crumbles, falling completely to the ground. I run to the wreckage Mirabel is okay. I don't see Alex so I decide to sift through the rubble and try to shift into someone stronger. Nothing happens. I try again yielding the same results. "My powers... their gone?" I say quietly, I look around, then I see it. A hand, then I see the arm, all buried under a huge piece of rubble. "A-Alex?" I whisper, I look around, "MAMI! SOMEONE!" I shout, mami frantically comes rushing over to me. I point to the arm, mami calls Luisa over. "Oh my-" Luisa pushes the rubble off Alex with help from mami and papi, who had come over to see what all the commotion was about. I run over to them and scoop them into my arms. Their arm is bleeding and so is one of their legs. They are unresponsive, I lean down to check for a heartbeat, I find it. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

        Mami calls tia Julieta over, when there is no response, she calls again. I am shaking a bit. Alex is the only one I ever talk to about my feelings on certain things and vice versa. I was the one they came to after Bruno disappeared, the one they trusted and I couldn't even save them. "Come on Alex, open your eyes! You have to wake up!" I shout, and by some miracle they stir a bit. "Come on Alex, Come on!" I urge, they slowly open their eyes and look up at me. "Hi." They say in a strained voice, I smile at them. Suddenly a look crosses their face as the gravity of the situation hits them. "Wait, where's Mirabel!?" They say, Julieta comes forward with a couple of medicine bottles. "She's fine, she's not injured, she's right over-" She turns to an empty space and begins to panic a little. "Mirabel? Mirabel!? Where's Mirabel? Where is she? Mirabel?!" Tia Julieta says looking around frantically.

         Everyone looks at tia Julieta, then to Alex. Alex struggles to stand up, they look kind of dizzy and disoriented. "I'm fine, go find Mira!" They plea, I'm not buying it. Everyone else walks away, I walk in front of Alex. "Are you really okay?" I ask, they look at me for a moment before nodding. "Okay I'll believe it when you take two steps." I say, they look at me, they seem as if their going to collapse at any second. They go to take a step, but their legs immediately give out, I swiftly catch them. "Alex?!" I question, they've lost consciousness again. "Is Alex gonna be okay?" A familiar voice from behind asks. "Of course Antonio, we just need to get them examined." I reply as I look at my little brother with a sad smile. 

        "What about Alex?" I hear a voice from behind ask, I look to see the baker's kid. "Um, do you know anyone who can help?" I ask, fighting back tears, trying not to make the situation worse. Alessandra steps forward and looks at Alex, a horrified expression crosses her face. "I-I-" She takes a quick breath. "My dad used to be a doctor, he'll be able to help. As for you two, you guys can crash at my place until your house is fixed." I stand up and follow her, Antonio right by my side.

        Upon arriving at Alessandra's house, Alex was rushed to Sr. Mejia. Antonio and I were rushed out of the room. It wasn't long before Alessandra was shooed out as well. "So..." I say, she looks at me. "Their doing really well, they're strong." She says, silence. "You know they like you, right?" Antonio asks, smiling, I shoot him a look. "Yeah, they asked me on a date today, we were supposed to go out tomorrow." Alessandra says after recovering from a fit of giggles, I smile. "Look, you can't tell them this, but I've actually liked them for quite a while. I may have been a little bit stalkerish." I can't help but laugh at this comment. "They have been a bit stalkerish too."  I say, Alessandra blushes a little.

       A little while later Sr. Mejia exited the room. "They're fine, I gave them stitches and I've bandaged them up. They stirred a bit, but they're still unconscious. Someone take them to the guest room." He says going to wash his hands, I rush into the room. Alex is laying on the table, their arm and leg are wrapped in white bandages. They are in a tunic and some trousers that look rather large on them. I gently pick them up and turn to Alessandra. "Where is the guest room?" I ask, she leads me down a hall and into a small bedroom. "Thank you." I say quietly, I lay Alex on the large bed. "Come on Antonio, Lets get you some P.J's and a place to sleep set up." Alessandra says, they exit the room.

        After they leave I climb into the bed, it's just like when we were kids. When one of us would get sad, scared, or just generally upset, we would go to the other's room and climb in bed with them. It started after tio Bruno left and just became a regular thing. I gently wrap my arms around them and begin to sob. It doesn't take long before I'm drifting to sleep.

Alessandra POV:

        After I get Antonio settled, I go back to the room to check on Alex and Camilo. I have clothes for Camilo to change into. Camilo is asleep, clinging to Alex, it's adorable. It reminds me of how my brother and I used to be. I sit down in a chair in the corner, but it lets out a loud squeak. Camilo sits up and looks at me groggily, his eyeshadow is smeared and his hair is messy. "Hey." I say, he rubs an eye, messing up his eyeshadow more. "Hey." He says, then he sits up as if he has some wonderful idea. "Hey, do you have like anything I can change into, I also could really use a shower." He says, I nod and hold out the clothes. "Greeeaaat. Can you like stay with Alex, in case they wake up?" He asks, I nod. "Perfect!" He says, he pushes me to the bed. I'm a blushing mess, lying awkwardly next to Alex.

       I'm there for a little bit when they suddenly begin to stir, they look at me for a moment. "Not funny Cami." They say before wrapping their arms around me and cuddling close. I'm blushing, my face probably looks like a tomato. "I-I'm not Camilo." I say, they immediately let go and apologize, their face is red as well.