Chapter 3: Stars and bloody chalices

Jungkook gasped and chucked down a whole glass of water as he sat up, awaken from the strange dream he had. He was panting as he wiped the tiny beads of sweat lingering on his forehead. He inhaled deeply, unwinding the dream he just saw.

"Tokki! Look there!" The girl, wrapped up in his arms, pointed at shooting star. 

"Aye, yes darling, it sure is beautiful." he said.

Jungkook looked down, admiring the girl's soft features. Her rich, velvet brunette hair was gracefully blowing in the small breeze, making her look majestic. Her coca eyes sparkling at every single star in the night sky. The girl in his embrace was smiling showing off her perfect Perl white teeth. That smile which made the boy himself smile. That smile in which he would trade the world for. If there was something he wanted, it was this girl, and this moment. This lovely moment, in which the two happy couples sitting up on their roof, admiring the starry sky, flowing like a river above them. The boy here actually found this girl more pretty than the sky, and continued staring at her like she was his eternity. She was his eternity; she was his everything.

"Aren't you cold? Wanna go in the sheets?" he asked.

"No, I wanna stay here." She continued, "I like looking at the stars. Oppa always told me that once a person dies, they become a star. Maybe he is up there.... smiling at me."

An enormous wave of guilt stabbed his heart at the mention of her dead brother. He tightened his embrace around the girl and kissed her temple.

"I'm sorry.... really." his voice came out barely a whisper.

"hmm" she responded. Guilt and regret tightened his heart like deadly forest vine, knowing for a fact she never forgave him for killing his brother. 

His dream quickly changes, and he is now staring at a burning tree. The tree was huge, looking older than a hundred years, and it was blazing. Huge red-hot flames reaching out and burning the leaves. The tree was on a cliff, which was on a nice height. In front of the tree stood a huge majestic wooden table, a  grand golden chalice resting on it. The glass was half filled.... with crimson red liquid.

Horror engulfed Jungkook at the thought of whose blood that was.

To a psychopath like him, this moment would be a mesmerizing beauty, and would make is lips into an evil smile, but the conditions were different. Right now, a girl was tied up to a burning tree, letting out bloodcurdling screams, having blood dripping from her neck into the chalice. That girl was none other than-

His body jerked up in fright as he felt a weird tingling in his chest. It was a dream, it was a dream, he spoke to himself calming him down. His chest was heaving heavy breaths and his hair was standing upright on his arms.

He tried looking back, and remembering his dream so that he could remember that girl. He couldn't properly figure out who she was as he only saw her side profile that night. He couldn't even remember her face during the fire scene as flames kept flickering her, and her face was turned to the side, trying to bare the pain in her neck.