twentynine

Tye almost threw himself into Carter's arms when he saw him.

"I missed you so much love." Carter hugged him back, frowning as he realised Tye was crying. "What's wrong love?"

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for." Carter replied. "No one is mad at you."

"I'm sorry I didn't call sooner."

"Its okay Love, you needed time." Carter kissed the top of Tye's head, inwardly wincing at the faint smell of weed and tobacco coming off him.

"I wanted to call, Jordan wouldn't let me, said I needed time. We got into an argument." Tye replied, Carter frowned, wondering who Jordan was and quickly concluding he was whoever Tye had been staying with.

"He might have been right love, shall we go home?" He asked. Tye nodded and picked up his bag and guitar case. "I didn't know you had a guitar love."

"It was my dad's." Tye replied, taking Carter's hand. "Jordan kept it safe for me."

"Did you have a good time at least?" Carter asked as he pulled out of the cul-de-sac.

"We went camping for a couple nights. That was pretty fun." Tye offered up.

"That sounds lovely." Carter smiled. He reached over and took the boys hand. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Tye seemed not quite sure what to do with himself.

"Are you alright my love?"

"I don't know."

"If there's anything you want to talk about, I'm here to listen." Carter told him. "You can talk to me about anything."

"People keep saying you're taking advantage of me. But I love you and I consented and you haven't forced me to do anything." Tye's grip on Carter's hand tightened.

"I would never force you into anything love, and I'm glad that you know that." Carter smiled at him. "When I dragged you back it was because I panicked and I'm never going to forgive myself for how scared you were."

"I'm glad you did." Tye said it quietly, but everything he had said was quiet. Carter was glad he was still verbal.

"I just want to keep you safe. I love you so much."

"I love you too." Tye seemed on edge and it was worrying.

"Love are you okay?"

"I'm sorry." Tye bit his lip. "I need a smoke."

"Tye love, smoking is so bad for you." Carter sighed, he pulled over into a layby. "How many have you got on you?"

"Seven."

"Once this pack is done, you have to stop okay?" Carter hated the practice ease with which Tye lit his cigarette.

"I don't think I can." Tye replied. He was stood away from Carter, which the man appreciated, he hated the smell of cigarettes.

"Can you try for me?"

Tye nodded after a moments pause. "I'll try."

"Thank you love."

^^^
Noah was staring at his phone, trying to control his anger. Tye had been tagged in several photos, including one of a girl kissing him on the cheek, the caption was 'sex with my ex'. Tye had left them to piss about with his mates. Noah had never felt so hurt. He'd thought Tye had been getting his feelings straight, had left them wondering if he would come back, and in the time he had been away he had seemingly been having the time of his life. Noah didn't even know if Tye was ever coming back.