Forty Four

They met the bouncer at the club and he let them in with a happy birthday to Tye and a wink to Nessa.

"Can't believe they all said no." Jordan said as he took Tye up to the bar to get him a drink. "You asked them all?"

Tye nodded. "Artie said he would, but the others said no."

"Even Kit?"

Tye nodded again. "Like I get it, but I... I wanted them here."

"Maybe the gathering tomorrow will be good." Jordan tried to be positive.

"It's going to be so awkward." Tye groaned. "I don't even want to go."

"Well I'm excited. I've been waiting to meet your boyfriends for ages." Jordan passed him a drink. Tye wasn't sure what he had ordered for him but he also didn't care that much.

"I know." Tye sighed. The music was blaring from the dance floor and he wanted to go and dance, but he was still hopeful that at least Artie would show up.

"I heard what Rory said, I'll remind him to back off." Jordan clapped a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry mate, I didn't realise he still..."

"It's fine."

"No it's not." Jordan pulled his shoulder so he was facing him. "I shouldn't have told him about me picking you up, that was out of order. You scared me man." He paused. "But I know you're happy, and as long as you remain happy I will support you."

"Jordie." Tye felt his eyes well up with tears. "Thank you." He pulled him into a hug.

"When we get Ro back everything will be okay again." Jordan said, hugging him back tightly.

"What if we don't?"

"Tye-"

"We hit another dead end Jordie."

"We're gonna get him back." Jordan promised. He tapped Tye's glass. "Drink up."

"What if he hates us?" Tye asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"Hates us? Tye he won't hate us!" Jordan shook his head. "We were just kids." 

"We let them send him away!"

"We couldn't do anything and now we can we're doing everything." Jordan put a hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be okay." 

"I know." Tye sipped his drink, wondering where Rory was to see if he'd brought the bag with him.

"Come with me." Jordan grabbed Tye's wrist and dragged him away from the bar and towards the toilets, into an empty cubicle where he pulled out a small plastic bag from his pocket. "Got you something a little stronger."

Tyes eyes widened. He wasn't expecting this.

"Come on, it'll take your mind off things." Jordan coaxed.

Tye nodded and pulled his house key out of his pocket, hoping Jordan was right. If not... He didn't even want to go there, he'd spent enough time lost in the depths of his own thoughts recently.

"You want another drink?" Jordan asked as they left the bathroom as though nothing had happened. Tye nodded, his eyes lighting up as he spotted Artemis in the crowd. He abandoned Jordan to run over to him. Artemis smiled and caught him in his arms as he reached him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"You came!" Tye said as he kissed him again. He felt funny, a little floaty and light but he wasn't focused on that. Artemis had kept his promise. "None of the others did."

"I told you I'm the fun one." He said with a grin. Tye giggled, he couldn't help himself.

He reached up to kiss him again, Artemis pulled him closer, hands holding his waist firmly, making sure not to get too close to his arse and thighs, just in case. The last thing either of them wanted was Tye panicking in the middle of the club.