thirty one

"Carter! How can I help my favorite baby brother?" Carter took a deep breath.

"Hi, Clarke."

"I'm guessing this isn't a social call, guessing I'm not gonna meet your new boy toy anytime soon." Clarke chuckled.

"Tye got attacked," Carter said. "They used him, they..."

"Tell me everything he told you." Clarke's tone turned serious at once. Carter took a deep breath and told him everything Tye had told him.

"I'll find them, I'll send someone to get them. They'll be dead by the end of the day." Clarke replied. "I'm coming over."

"Clarke-"

"Carter you and your boys are hurting, and your big brother is here for you." Clarke hung up. Carter let out a sigh, rubbing his temples and sitting down.

"Justice," Artemis muttered, holding Carter close to him. "They deserve it."

"Clarke's coming over," Carter replied. "I'm going to check on the boys."

When Carter got back to the room he found the boys cuddled together. They were all asleep. Tye had been crying again.

"Clarkes coming over boys." He said, Noah stirred.

"Clarke?" He asked.

"He's sent people after those who hurt Tye., Carter replied. "They've been dealt with."

"Clarkes coming here?" Kit asked with a frown, trying to move but quickly failing, he had both Tye and Riley lying partially on him.

"Yeah, he wants to help." Carter replied, "none of you have to come down if you don't want to. It's a weird day, huh."

"Will he tell us, when it's done?" Kit asked quietly. Carter almost wished he hadn't told him, he'd seen Kit violently vomit at descriptions of murder, not that be blamed him, given his past. What he'd seen, what he'd experienced.

"Yeah." Carter sat down on the bed, taking Kit's hand. "I won't go into detail Kitty."

"Thank you." Kit gave him a weak smile. "We will be alright, won't we?"

"Of course we will," Carter replied with a slightly forced smile. "Of course we will."

^^^

Clarke arrived an hour or so later, hugging Riley tightly as he opened the door for him. "Little Ri!" 

"Hi, Clarke!" Riley smiled, leading him to the living room once he'd let go of him. 

"There he is!" Clarke grabbed Carter and held him tightly, the moment he saw him. 

"Hi, Clarke." 

"We think we've found them, need to check it though, where's Tye?" 

"No, I can't do that to him." Carter shook his head. "Not in his state." 

"Why don't we let him be the judge of that, where is he anyway?" Clarke asked, looking around, only Riley and Carter were in the room. 

"He's in the kitchen," Riley replied quietly.

Clarke made his way into the kitchen, where Artemis and Tye were baking a cake. Well, Artemis was baking, Tye was sat on the counter occasionally being hand-fed tidbits by his boyfriend. 

"I can't believe that, the pair of you must have been hated by your teachers." Artemis shook his head placing half a strawberry into his mouth. Tye nodded.

"Yeah." 

"Artie!" Clarke exclaimed, hugging the surprised boy. 

"Clarke, Have you met Tye yet?"