Chapter Four

(Endeavors Pov)
After Phoenix and midnight left the room I just stood there waiting for Hawks to say something. After a minute of Hawks saying nothing and just looking nervous I finally say, "what is it you wanted to talk about hawks?"

He nervously responds with, "Um well you see. Um."

At this point I'm getting a little irritated and interrupt this circling non-response with, "what is it Hawks I need to take Phoenix home."

He goes back to his circling non-response, "um well you see." He pauses a moment  to compose himself. Then he fastly says but slow enough to where I can hear him, "I think Phoenix might be my daughter."

I wanted to shout but I didn't want to alert Phoenix that something was wrong so I just sat there stunned for a minute until I finally said irritatedly, "what do you mean you think she might be your daughter?"

He looks up from the floor where he's been staring during this entire conversation, "okay I guess I need to explain now. I knew Toya before he disappeared and by knew me. Him and me were dating..." I look confused and a little upset that Toya didn't tell me any of this before he disappeared but I understand why. He continues and says, "and I was hit with a quirk that switched my reproductive system and me and Toya didn't find out until I got pregnant..." Hawks is staring at the floor again upset and very nervous. Without him noticing I get up for my chair and give him a hug. He flinches at this I'm confused and release him from the hug.

I respond with this, "I'm not upset or mad at you Hawks. I wish you told me that you new Toya before all of this but I understand why you didn't"

He looks up at me now seeming happy, "okay, now what do we do?"

I respond to his question with, "well before we tell Phoenix anything for her sake I think we should get a DNA test and I still don't even know your real name." After I make the real name comment he looks at me like he wants to say something but he can't.

After a minute of him thinking he finally responds with, "I think a DNA test is a excellent idea and as long as it comes back positive I'll tell you everything but until then I think it's best if I don't for everyone's safety" I look at him concerned and think to 'myself why wouldn't he be able to tell me his name huh.'

I only respond to his statement with, "okay, if you want to you can come with me to take her home." figuring it be best if I don't ask any more questions about that

He shakes his head no and says, "no there's something I have to do today but tell me when you have the appointment for getting a DNA test. I will see you later endeavor" and with that he walks out my office without another word.

---

A/N I am excited to write the next chapter. Anyways have a lovely day you all.