Chapter Seven

A/N two things real fast before we jump into this chapter. First I really need to start proofreading before I publish. Not after I publish when I go back to figure out what I did last time I wrote. Second thing I just noticed this story has almost a hundred reads and I can't believe it. It also has number one in nice endeavor category which is just wow. Now on to the chapter.

'example' means thought BTW
---
(Dabi Pov)
After I got told by Keigo(Hawks) of the news of a little girl with a fire quirk my mind started to race. I didn't even notice I responded to him. With so many thoughts racing through my head the only one I could focus on is, 'will the commission find out?' It was mixed in with other thoughts though like, 'how did he find out?' and 'is she going to be okay now that he knows where she is?' apparently he noticed my mind was starting to spiral because he grabbed my shoulders and start it to shake me out of my thoughts. With that trying to keep suspicion down even though I figured it might be too late I say in a irritated tone, "what do you want!?"

With a startled expression on his face he responds to me with, "you've been zoning out and not responding for like a minute. Are you okay?"

I try to answer him with a not caring expression and a tone of voice, "yeah, I just got lost and thought for a minute. Why do you care?" He looked like he was going to answer but then his phone started to ring. He got it out irritatedly but then when he saw the contact his mood all of a sudden went serious. 'Now I'm curious. who it is? huh.' I think to myself.

He answered the phone and outcome a queue of basic responses like, "hello," "ok," and "yes," the conversation finally ended off with a, "I will be there."

The last response caught my attention and I asked, "who was that?"

He just simply responded to my question with, "endeavor."

'well this is going nowhere but I'll keep trying,' I thought to myself. Then responded to him with, "oh really, what did he want?"

He responded with, "nothing important." Trying to display a nonchalant attitude that most would believe but I knew under that he was nervous. With that I know it was something important and he didn't want to tell me why would he tell me I'm only a villain for all he knows. Not knowing I accidentally looked sad which he seemed to catch on to. He then said, "is something wrong?"

Instead of answering I just said, "why did you even come to the League today?"

Seemingly forgetting what he saw a minute ago he just responds with, "I was supposed to report to Shiggy but he's in a bad mood and didn't want to talk."

Finding that mildly amusing I respond to him with, "sounds like Shiggy. I didn't talk to him much when I got back myself."

He then notices the time and says, "oh wow, it's later than I thought. I probably should get going I still have to do patrolling. I'll see you later Dabi." I just nod and he walks out the room.

Once he's out of earshot I say quietly, "see you later Keigo." He doesn't seem to notice and just keeps walking off.

---

A/N just cute photo that has nothing to do with story.

By, writer.and.baka

baka