NEUTRAL ENDING! - "I'll be okay.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
⚠︎TRIGGER/CAUTION WARNING⚠︎
[Serious Injury/ Empathy Overload/Near Death Experience/Characters in distress/{Resolved Issue}]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙲-𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗..𝚈-𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢..𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝..!?"

Caelum asked rhetorically, not really expecting an answer but at the same time he still wanted to be reassured.

Gavin was stunned and held onto his lover, internally begging for this to not be real.

Freelancer was coughing up more blood and looked up at the other two.

"You know I love you..right?"

They asked with a small laugh, making their last words short

"𝙾-𝙾𝚏 𝙲-𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎..𝚋𝚞𝚝- 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖-𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚜-𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎-"

"𝑊𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔫𝔱 𝔰𝔢𝔢 𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫..."

"...."

Everyone fell silent as Freelancer spat out more blood.

"It's g-gonna be okay..I promise.."

"𝚍-𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚙-𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌-𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙.."

Freelancer fell silent as they placed their hand on their chest.

"𝐻-𝐻𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔫, 𝔴𝔢'𝔩𝔩 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔶-𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢..𝔞-𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔢𝔩- 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭.."

Freelancers breathe hitched as they began grasping their chest

"I l-love you.."

was all they said, before closing their eyes.

"𝑠𝔥𝔦𝔱!"

Gavin yelled, holding them in his arms, crying slowly as he checked their pulse

"𝙶-𝙶𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗..𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝-𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢..?"

"𝑇-𝑇𝔥𝔢𝔶'𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟-𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤..𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔫 𝔴𝔢 𝔤-𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔞 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭..𝔫𝔬𝔴!"

Caelum saw the department showing up outside, due to their 'accident' with Ivan.

Caelum and Gavin quickly called them over. Some of their team took Freelancer away, while the rest dealt with Caelum and Gavin.

~𝔽𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝔽𝚘𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝔸 𝔽𝚎𝚠 𝔻𝚊𝚢𝚜~

Freelancer was lying in a hospital bed, while Gavin looked through the glass. He turned to the doctor and saw Huxley, Lasko and Damien running in.

"𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕!?"

Damien asked, rushing in ahead of the others as he stood beside Gavin.

"𝐼- 𝐼 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴.."

"ᴡᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʟᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʟᴀssᴇs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ.."

Huxley said as he avoided looking at Freelancer, he was hurt at even the thought of what he would see and tried to avoid it.

"𝐼 𝑚-𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑠-𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑏-𝑏𝑢𝑡..𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠..𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑚-𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡.."

"𝐼 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔟𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢.."

Gavin said, turning back to look at Freelancer who was still struggling to breathe.
The four of them stayed silent as they waited for information on their friend/partner.

A few hours had passed and the men were pacing around in the waiting room. A doctor soon came out and told them that Freelancer was stable but would have to stay in hospital for a week or two to recover.

The men sighed with relief as tears were shed, thankful that they hadn't died.

• • •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>
>
>
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍..𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛.
× × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × ×

Continue ➪ {YᗴՏ? (𝐨𝐫) ᑎO?}

Restart ➪ {YᗴՏ? (𝐨𝐫) ᑎO?}

𝙸𝚏 𝚈𝚎𝚜 ➪ { ᑕᒪIᑕK ᕼᗴᖇᗴ }

[or..click the chapter you wish to read! ;) haha. Enjoy, Freelancer.]