04

DÍAS
-Wednesday, November 17th 2011

Why would my dad leave me here for five days? To die?! I was going to get up but I couldn't, I was as weak as anyone else would be if they didn't eat for five whole days

Why would my dad leave me here for five days? To die?! I was going to get up but I couldn't, I was as weak as anyone else would be if they didn't eat for five whole days. So I crawled the best I could outside my room and downstairs.

I crawled to the fridge and opened it, hoping I could find something but it was empty as usual. I knew if I didn't eat I'd die or at least it felt that way.

Just like the universe read my mind my father came in the house with mr.priest burgers. He placed it on the island before approaching me leaning on the fridge.

"I was about to come get you. I wanted to apologize. You can't believe you stayed mad at me for all these days." he says before he looks at me.

Just look at me. "But you came out of your room finally, I see."  He takes the burgers out of the bags. He bends down my level to give me one but is stunned by what he saw, I wanted to laugh. He did this. Why is he so surprised?

I weakly grabbed the burger he held in front of me and began taking it out the wrapper. "I wasn't mad at you. I would've been." I screech after taking the biggest bite out of the burger. Almost as he felt guilty he looked at me with sadness.

"You were asleep this whole time?" he asks when I take another big bite, getting my mouth dirty. I finish the food in my mouth. "I wasn't 'asleep.''

"Mari," he sighs searching for words. "I didn't mean it, you just piss me off sometimes." he gives me that sorry ass excuse.

I only nod while shoving the burger down my throat. "Next time I'll check on you."

next time.

He moves my head to the left then right, inspecting it. "Shit." he curses at his own work. "Mari, you know paps loves you." he says so suddenly. I nod again. "Listen, all you have to do is listen to me. I love you!" I nodded again.

He gets up and walks out the house practically slamming it behind him. Gaining a bit of strength I traveled to the island counter and took his burger too and ate it.

Gon need it to be a pro athlete.

It took a few more hours for my body to feel like mine and when it did, I took advantage of my dad being gone and took a shower bath. Shower because I was washing off all the dried blood wounds, and bathing most of the time because I couldn't stand in the shower for so long.

When I got out of the shower I used my first aid kit to clean up most of what i could, avoiding infections and not once did i dare to cry because i knew if i did i wouldn't stop.

The pieces of the glass vase were still laying on the floor with the now dead flowers, i cleaned it up only because i didn't want the reminder of my visit with death.