06

Monday, Nov 20th, 2011 -PASAR EL RATO

I frowned at my reflection in the mirror

Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful sight but the new scar that accompanied the side of my stomach just didn't go well with my perfectly shaped figure.

My dad scratched me with a key, yes, a key. It was the first thing he could find I'm guessing but it hurt. Lucky for me, easy to cover.

I dressed myself in a white laced bra that peaked out of my brown long sleeve shirt, some jeans with the mandatory collection of my crystal bead bracelets  of course and white converse.

I left my hair down and in the slight wave that it naturally took.I grabbed my backpack, putting it on my shoulders and my camera, putting the strap around my neck before leaving my room.

Quietly and quickly I tried exiting the front door but made it unsuccessfully without him acknowledging me.

"Mari, I am sorry." he slurs in his drunken words. "I love you. You look just like your mother." he slurs before he just starts crying. I ignored all the words he just said and left him alone in his piss and mess of a head.

Sighing I locked the door with my personal key before turning around and beginning my morning walk to school.

I made it to the driveway before seeing the recognizable beautiful  gray-ish brown-ish car parked on the street.

I crossed my arms in a "No way!" manner, he did not have to do this at all. The passenger window winds down revealing the face of my new best friend, he motions for me to get in and smiles.

Without missing a beat I snap a picture of his glowy smile and perfect dimples before running in the car. "Hey!" I exclaim welcoming him with a smile while taking off my backpack and putting it in front of me.

"Hi." the corner of his lips shot up. "I was just about to text you good morning!" I said truthfully while clicking on the seatbelt. Since we exchanged numbers we have been texting a lot. "Goodmorning." he says simply.

The seatbelt touched my fresh cut on my stomach adding pressure. I sucked in air with my teeth barred, careful not to draw attention. I moved it lower, closer to my lap.

"You are so sweet. You didn't have to though." I remind him. "I wanted to." he states u-turning out of my neighborhood. "I did not do the homework so I'll need to copy your work, sorry!" I gave a playful smile before reaching for his backpack in the back seat.

I talk to him while retrieving his notebook and copying from it. "My weekend was boring if you were wondering, I did nothing. Actually  I applied for a job at the movie theater, the better hire me, my resume was perfect and it took time." I rolled my eyes.

"They will." he says. "And I painted my nails white, you like? I would get acrylic but as I've told you earlier I am broke." I wave my hand in his face when he stops at a red light.