05

SENTIMIENTOS

"And then, she tried to fight ME just because she didn't like beaners or something, I still don't know what that means, english is exhausting

"And then, she tried to fight ME just because she didn't like beaners or something, I still don't know what that means, english is exhausting. You'd think you'd know a thing or two after nine years." she said as we walked on the sidewalk.

"It's a racial slur to mostly Mexicans." I simply state. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If i knew that I would've hit her a little bit harder!" she exclaims holding her hands out in the air.

It's the end of the school day and like usual she felt the need to walk me to the bus stop, but I got my car fixed last night so technically she's walking me to my car like a gentleman.

I need to insert my dominance at some point.

"What's that thing called where you hit someone with and its long piece of wood!?" She asks.

"A bat?" I say

"YES! A bat!"

"I'll hit her for you." I say. "But she's a girl." Mariana deadpans me "no, it's a racist." i say. "So if I were racist you wouldn't be my friend?" she asked and I nod no.

"Damn, you really have those boundaries set." she says.

"Sometimes." I replied. She turns around and starts walking backwards to face me.

" We don't hang out, like outside of school, that's what friends do." she says. "We can hang out." I say furrowing my eyebrows, no way I'm gonna mess up being a good friend.

"Really?!" She grows excited. I nod yes. "Okay! But I don't have any money so can we not go anywhere expensive." I nod knowing a perfect place.

"Okay, I'm free all weekend and basically every day of my life." she says. I realized I wasn't free this weekend, I got a little upset that she accidentally reminded me about my trip to Pennsylvania.

"Monday?" I ask. "If you mean after school then heck ya!" she says as I stop beside my car, she stops too.

I tapped the roof of my car twice indicating that this was my ride. "Dios mios, that's your car?!" She runs towards it. "I like the brownish grayish color!" she nearly squeals. She means beige.

"Want a ride?" I ask, rubbing my ear. "DO I?!" she gasps before running and opening the passenger door and sitting inside. Obviously that's a yes so I joined her in the car and sat in the driver's seat.

I put on my seatbelt after she puts on hers and starts the engine. "Go straight." she beams, shaking my head. I comply with her orders. How does she get so excited over the stupidest things?

It's no complaints though as long as I see that smile. I drove straight for a while before she told me to turn left. I don't know how she walks this farr everyday, my eyebrows furrow at the thought that I let her walk this far on an injured foot before.