Chapter 6: Relaxation

Issei slowly opened his eyes and groaned. His alarm rung in his ears though he didn't pay it much attention. " What the fuck happened?" He asked himself and checked his phone. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head as he saw the time. " Half past ten?! I'm so late?!" He quickly jumped up from his bed and ran downstairs. " Hey, why the hell are you keeping so much noise?" Sen asked as he watched his brother try to quickly prepare breakfast.

" I'm late for school. Why the hell didn't you wake me?! Wait..why aren't you at school?" Issei asked as he watched his brother lazily read a book. " I'm skipping. I was waiting for you actually." He said as Issei looked confused. " Why?" He asked. Sen stood up and closed his book. " Well..I know that the last few weeks have been kind of tough so I decided to take a day off. Today, we'll just relax and walk around town or whatever." He said and Issei looked at him in shock. " Stop staring and get dressed. We're leaving in five." He said and Issei happily nodded before following his instructions.

Timeskip
The two walked through the mall lazily while eating ice cream. Issei wore a red jacket with a black shirt, black jeans, and red shoes, while Sen wore a black sleeveless vest, black jeans, a white shirt with the words "Nothing to Lose" and black shoes. " So, what else do you want to do?" Sen asked. " Well...how about we play some arcade games. We haven't done that since we were younger." Issei said with a chuckle as he remembered their childhood. " Really?" Sen asked not eager to play games with his brother.

Sen was extremely talented in most things he did, but video games were always Issei's specialty. " What? Afraid that I'm going to kick your ass in Street Fighter again?" Issei asked while nudging his brother. Sen scoffed and ran over to the arcade with Issei following.

Timeskip
Sen leaned against the wall with an annoyed expression as Issei was laughing his ass off. " The all powerful Sen, who rules the supernatural world can't win at video games? Seriously though, you lost at every game." He said. Sen ignored him until something caught his eye. " Okay then, how about that?" He said pointing at the DDR machine. " DDR?" Issei asked. " Yeah, that seems to be a great test of physical capabilities. Let's go there." Sen announced and began to walk over to the area. Issei shrugged and followed his brother.

The two stood on the dance pad as the song was about to start. " I have to warn you. I play this game once in a while with my friends. So I'm pretty good. Don't cry if you lose." He said as Sen chuckled. " Don't worry, I'll be fine." He said as the song started. At first, Issei was clearly better, as Sen continued to miss many of the notes. Though as time passed, Sen began to catch up and was even matching Issei. Soon, they both were dancing in unison and were hitting the notes perfectly. A small crowd started to gather and were watching the two's showdown.

Issei wiped some sweat from his forehead before looking at Sen. His brother lacked any signs of fatigue though Issei wasn't surprised about that. ' He's never done this before, so how is he so good?' He thought though his eyes widened as he noticed something. Every few seconds, Sen would glance at him without paying attention to the screen. That's when he realized what was happening. ' Shit, he isn't good, he's just perfectly copying my movements. He can perceive every movement I make so it's easy for him to mimic me.'

They could hear the crowd cheering and more people were coming to watch them. " You're, not going to stop are you?" Issei asked while panting. They were playing for more than thirty minutes, so he was exhausted. " Nope" Sen said with a chuckle and without fatigue. " I give up." Issei said and walked off, giving Sen the win. The boy seeing this hopped off and chuckled. " Told you I'd beat you at this." He said and ignored the cheers of the crowd.

After that, a few children and teens came up to him asking how he was that good, and some even went to Issei. They were now leaning against a railing looking at all of Kuoh. Issei was eating a burger and Sen was sipping on a milkshake. " Damn, that hit the spot." Issei said and threw the burger wrapper in a garbage can. " Yeah, that was fun." He said. The two remained silent for a bit before Issei addressed his brother again.

" Hey Sen, thanks for today. I didn't want to admit it but I've been really stressed lately." He said with a smile. " Don't worry about it. Also, I'm sorry." Sen said shocking him. " About what?" He asked. " You know, about everything. Lately, I've been really tough on you. I've been trying to rush your growth because...well, I'm scared." He replied. " Why are you scared? You're a hundred times stronger than me." Issei said.

" Well, in the supernatural world, danger lurks in every corner. I know I act cold but, you're my brother and I care about you. I just want you to be as strong as possible so I don't ever have to worry about if you're still alive or not. That's my greatest fear. To wake up one day and realize...that I won't get to laugh with you, play games with you or lecture you. That thought, scares the shit out of me, because of how possible it is for that to become a reality." He said with a solemn smile. ' Sen....' Issei thought while staring at his brother.

" Haha, sorry for bringing the mood down. This is a day for us to relax, yet here I am making it tense again. Sorry." Sen said with a smile. Before Issei could talk, he began to speak again. " Hey, you remember that time when we were about six years old?" Sen asked. " Huh, oh! You mean that time when we sat watching the front door all night looking for Santa Claus?!" Issei asked with a laugh. " Yeah, we were at the door cause we didn't have a chimney, and we wrote in our Christmas letter for Santa to come through the front door." Sen continued while laughing as well.

" Hahaha, we were so disappointed when he didn't show up! We were crying for days!" Issei said and the two continued to recall past experiences and laugh together. For the rest of the day, they enjoyed each other's company and decided to forgot about their troubles and just relax.

The End

This isn't really a plot important chapter but I really wanted to include it to show their relationship.