Chapter 5- Physician...?

Director takes his helmet off before walking towards the reception desk where the doctor named Alicia is sitting at.

Director: Captain Morgan sent me here because of my arrow injury. Can you help me?

Director: (Is this the physician? She's so young. I'm almost more than twice her size.)

Alicia: Oh, a patient from the Captain?

Alicia looks slightly surprised at Director's remark which in turn baffles Director a little bit as well.

Director: Why? Does he rarely send patients here?

Alicia: No, but I'm normally a mortician when he does.

Director is left speechless.

Director: (Man I dodged a massive bullets with that interview. Who knows what faith I would've met if I pissed him off.)

Director: Oh... good to know...

While Director scratches the back of his head, Alicia pulls a piece of paper from her clipboard and hands it to Director.

Alicia: Please fill out this form so I can treat you. You don't seem to need urgent care.

Director: Oh sure thing.

Director: (Atleast she's not freaking out with this arrow stuck in me.)

She hands him a linen rag with a few lines of text and blanks he need to fill out. Name, age, gender, the usual parameters asked of a patient by a medical professional. To his right lies an ink well and a quill. Director picks it up and dabs on a bit of ink. He then starts answering.

Suddenly Director's eyes stop at the final lines of text. He fidgets around with the quill.

Director: (Ailment? Severity? What do I put there?)

After a while Director finishes writing and submits it to Alicia who is currently sorting books.

Director: (Oh she's standing on a stool to reach the books. How cute.)

Director: Oh hey, I'm done filling this up.

Alicia turns around and receives Director's  paperwork. She sits down on her chair and reads it.

Alicia: Your name is Director?

Director: Yeah, weird name I know.

Alicia: You're 24 years old? You seem a bit tall for your age.

Director: ( I was barely average on Origin. Maybe the men grow different here. But having someone say "you seem a bit tall for your age" is kinda flattering.)

Alicia: Why are you blushing?

Director: (Oh crap)

Director: Uhh... I was just thinking about...

Director's subconscious: (Say something!)

Director: HOW CUTE YOU LOOK!

Director's subconscious: (I would love to burst out of your head just to slap you right now.)

Director subconscious: (And it had to be a minor didn't it? Way to go moron.)

Director: (Oh I'm so dead. She's gonna report me to the soldiers and Captain Morgan will have my head!)

Alicia: ...

Alicia looks at Director with the same unemotional face she's been displaying ever since he arrived. She pays not much attention to his words and simply continues to process his file.

Director: (Does she... not care?)

He mentally breathes a sigh of relief which is cut abruptly.

Director: (Phew, but even though I might not die of hanging, I might die of embarrassment!)