Chapter 11- Pincer

Swordsman: They've breached the South gate! They're in the city!

*SHCKK*

Swordsman: Ahh-

*Clang*

A sword falls to the ground as its former wielder goes limp. His chest pierced from the front to back by a Stag's claw stopping his scream of pain as the air struggles to circulate. Blood drips from his wound and he's raised into the air, clutching desperately onto the claw in a futile attempt to try and relieve his suffering.

He lowers his head to view his attacker. His eyes fill with dread at the sight of the beast. Two large mandibles open and close revealing it's mouth, several tendrils move about as if tasting the air filled with the man's dread and fear. Foam froths from the mouth's opening as it tilts it head left and right until it looks closer to the swordman.

*Snap*

Suddenly at the blink of an eye the mandibles snap shut, the man's head is sliced cleanly through his gambeson. The head falls to the ground with the helmet banging against the ground as the rest of the body ceases movement. The Stag flicks it arm sideways, flinging the man's corpse onto a wall. It drops onto the pavement with an audible thump as blood splatters onto the masonry.

*Thump*

A river of blood flows from the corpse and onto the paved streets while soldiers left and right try to hold off the horde of Stags. The scene could be described as a blood bath of attrition with the more numerous and stronger Stags battling it out with the weaker yet more agile humans. Swords hit armor, spears thrust into carapaces and arrows blow holes into exoskeletons.

Gerald: Rahhh!

Gerald thrusts his sword into a Stag. Although not made to penetrate armor the collision immediately sends the blade through the beast as if it was made from paper by sheer brute force and mass. He pulls his blade out and kicks over the corpse, it hits the ground with a thunk though nothing escapes the Stag's corpse as if it was hollow

Gerald: They're everywhere! Close the goddamn gates!

Suddenly, a Stag notices Gerald distracted as he attempts to call out to the gatekeepers. It makes a sudden run for him and thrusts its right claw out. Gerald doesn't notice this until the Stag is a only a feet away from him, not enough distance for him to avoid the attack.

*Shing*

Gerald closes his eye before the impact but instead of a stab, the entire body hits him. He falls to the ground and hits his head.

Gerald: Ugh...

Disoriented, he opens his eyes and sees that the Stag is on top of him. He pushes it off and realizes that only half of it actually hit him. The other half still standing with Director behind it holding his wooden training sword, splintered from the force of hitting against carapace armor.

*Snap*

The blade of Director's wooden sword splits and falls to the ground with the hilt remaining in his hand.

Gerald: Ha-- how..?

Director pays not much mind to the shocked Gerald. He drops his broken training sword and picks up a decent sized war axe from a fallen soldier and immediately hacks it against a Stag behind him. It meets the same, very not-whole faith as the last one.

Another Stag punches Director in the back with its claw extended. The claw lands and deflects, leaving the Stag vulnerable. Director almost instantly turns around and decapitates the head off of the Stag. It falls to the ground soon.