Chapter 15- Reinforcements

???: (Darkness... darkness is all I see, darkness is all I feel, the eeriely calm grasp of darkness fills my mind alongside the distant murmurs of an unseen few.)

???: (I try to speak but no voice comes out, I try to walk but I don't know where I am, I try to breathe but I don't feel my chest.)

???: (I feel around my surroundings but I feel nothing, I don't even think I have hands to reach out with. Or is the nearest object too far?)

???: (I try to raise my body on the tip of my toes but I feel no ground at the bottom of my feet. I sway my head back and forth but it hits nothing but air... is it even air?)

???: (Am I dying? Am I already dead? Is this just it? A void of infinite darkness seemingly consuming away what sanity I have? Is there no greater purpose beyond initial life?)

???: (I try to clutch my brain but feel nothing, I try to feel my legs but my hands seemingly pass through, do I still even have a body? How do I know if I'm just a consciousness floating infinitely in a void?)

???: (The murmurs in the background are too faint, too distant to understand. I want to listen to them, I want to hear them but they're far too distant.)

???: (I want to go back, I haven't fulfilled my purpose yet. I haven't finished my duties yet, I couldn't even say goodbye to the ones I held dear. Is this what I'm supposed to accept?)

... No answer....

???: (I'm sorry everyone.)

???: (I'm sorry... Shizuka...)

-In a forest-

Director: What's a soldier and an Elefant doing so deep in the woods?

Director runs through the forest towards the direction of an Elefant he shot dead. In his hands he carries an ACR or "Adaptive Combat Rifle" with a muzzle device resembling the one on his pistol. It glows a bright blue color all around as Director runs to his kill in the drenched undergrowth. The rain finally stops as the sun begins to shine over the dripping wet landscape. A few light spots appear in between tree canopies, creating a mostly dim scene with a few bright spots that vary in size and shape.

Director: Watch, can you contact Sentinel?

Watch: Affirmative Director, Sentinel unit 069 is within the vicinity and can be contacted via direct link.

Director: Can you tell him to go to our current position?

Watch: Affirmative, sending message.

He stops once he reaches the clearing and is shocked to see another soldier on the ground next to the corpse of the Elefant and its unfortunate victim. He cautiosly steps closer and kneels down to inspect the body. Director recognizes the armor and he turns the body over. His heart sinks when he sees Morgan, pale, unconscious and bleeding from the leg.

Director: Morgan! Morgan! Can you hear me?!

Morgan doesn't respond. Director quickly pulls off his armor and puts his middle and ring finger on his chest as a red and blue light glows alternating.

Watch: Heart beat is abnormally high and rapidly fluctuating. Patient going into cardiac arrest. Recommended to administer first aid immediately.

Director: But I don't know how.

Watch: ...

The AI pauses a bit.

Watch: I shall open a tutorial.

Director: (Was that a pause of disappointment from AI?)

Watch: Identify the injured area.