Chapter 6- Sobriety

Several minutes have passed after the bartender finally unloaded her crossbow and Director can tell that she's still a little skeptical of his presence. Outside, the sun was setting down and Director needed to find a place to sleep so he decides to get a drink and maybe lighten her mood up a bit.

Director: So umm, what do you sell here?

Bartender: We have ales, rums and wines. It depends on what type you want.

Director: (She's still very defensive.)

Director: Anything non-alcoholic?

Director: (Never really was a fan of alcohol even back on Origin. And who knows what potent grape juice they drink around here, I can't imagine having a double-density hangover so getting drunk is the last thing I want right now.)

Bartender: Water.

Director: (She's not wrong I guess.)

Director: How about an ale?

Bartender: Ale it is then.

After taking Director's order she walks towards large barrels at the back of the bar. She takes a medium sized tankard from a shelf and holds it below the tap of one of the barrels. An amber coloured liquid comes out of the tap and into the tankard.

She cuts the flow off just before the drink reaches the rim and proceeds to return to the bar and places it in front of Director with a not-too happy face. The drink is filled to the brim with the liquid topped with a layer of foam.

Bartender: Here's a pint of ale.

Director: Thanks...

Almost immediately, the kick of alcohol hits Director and resonates throughout his body. The strength is beyond that of any alcoholic drink he's had. It's as if he drank two liters in that single sip with every region of his body saying "Oh crap" with slightly less polite vocabulary.

The bartender looks at him with a smug face as he tries to resist the urge to spit the drink at her face. It eventually goes down and he place the tankard down with a face looking like a ran a 20 mile marathon.

Bartender: Can't handle it big boy?

The bartender says mockingly at the beleaguered Director.

Director: That can't be the least alcoholic drink here.

Bartender: I don't know what to tell you then~

Director: Oof, no thank you.

Direction slidea the tankard towards the bartender and she looks at it, then to him before chugging the entire drink down after giving him a cheeky look.

Bartender: Ahh, refreshing.

The bartender claims victory while Director can do nothing but accept defeat as he asks ask for some water.

Bartender: Here's something to wash that down.

Director: Thanks you...

Bartender: Hahaha.

Bartender: You should see the look on your face right now. You're so out of if and you took one sip! Hahaha

Director: Are we friends now...?

Bartender: Hahaha! Sure man whatever.

Director: (On one hand, she's finally softened up to me. On the other hand however, my pride has taken a huge hit leaving me a demoralized wreck.)

Bartender: So, what's your name?

Director: I'm Director, a mercenary from the Iron Mechanics group. I was travelling with my group until we were split up when bandits attacked our caravan. I ended up near the city wallz as an attack was happening and I was captured by Captain Morgan after the battle concluded.