> [chapter 1] <

-----

"Bullshit!" Y/n yelled out loud.

"Watch your language, young lady." M/n yelled from the kitchen as she continued making breakfast.

"Watch my language my ass! Once again, I DON'T WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE I BARELY EVEN KNOW, MAMA! ALL I KNOW IS THAT THIS GUY CAN SHAPESHIFT!" Y/n said as she huffed.

"If you don't stop this attitude of yours, I will beat you with a pan." M/n said as y/n just "tsk"-ed in frustration.

"This is for you, y/n. Please understand us. We love you very much. Me and your father wants the best for you, and I know that Camilo won't make you feel uncomfortable." Y/n's mom reasoned.

"Understand? You REFUSE to understand ME! You expect me to understand you and papa? For all I know this 'Camilo' guy may be a creep or doesn't even want this whole marriage to happen anyway!" Y/n cried out.

"He will like you y/n. He agreed to do the marriage when he saw your picture."

"YOU SHOWED HIM MY PICTURE WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME?!" Y/n whined, being as stubborn as always as m/n sighed.

"Ay, y/n just get an empanada and leave." Her mother said, pointing a finger out the door, being tired of argueing with her.

"Ugh!" Y/n said one last time as she grabbed an empanada and left the house.

__

"Papa... Mama says I have to marry this 'camilo' guy... Is that true?" Y/n asked turning to her father.

"Yes, mi vida, its for your own good. To be honest, I'm the one who wanted you to marry Camilo anyway." F/n replied

"But... I just want to marry someone I truly love! Not someone that I don't know!"

"I know, I know, it will be hard but I promise, Camilo is a nice boy. Good looking too." He said elbowing his daughter.

"I would want to buy some of the animal stuffed toys please." A boy ordered politely as y/n just continued organizing the boxes of juice.

"Ohh! Camilo! I didn't think you'd know our store!" F/n said, getting y/n's attention but refused to turn her head.

"I have heard from villagers you have a store, señor L/n. So I figured I'd buy here." Camilo said as he gave a warm smile and leaned on the wall.

"Ah! I have brought my daughter with me."

Great. Can't you tell I'm not interested papa?

"She is pretty in the picture so I think she'd be as pretty in real life too." He said with his signature smirk and that triggered y/n.

"Look here, Cuhmilow." Y/n said, pronouncing his name in a mocking way. "Whether you find me pretty or not, I don't like you. And I suggest that you refuse to take our marriage because it will be one hell for YOU and ME." She glared at him as he laughed.

"F/n! Help me out here!" Someone called out for her father while her father came for it.

Camilo motioned for her to come closer as y/n hesitantly looked at him.

"I'm not gonna bite. I need to whisper something to you since someone might hear us." Camilo said in a quiet tone as y/n finally obeyed and faced her ear to him.

"Look, I don't like you either. I'm doing this for a bet." Camilo whispered.

"A bet?" Y/n whispered back

"Yes, a bet. I made with my cousin, Mirabel. To see who gets married first and the one who gets married first owes them some money." He whispered again.

"So you're gonna ruin my WHOLE LIFE just for your stupid bet?!"

"Well, no-yes... maybe." Camilo said refusing to meet her eyes.

"What kind of-

-but look on the bright side!" Camilo said cutting her off. "I can clean, take care of the kids, and be the most handsome husband you'll ever have! Plus! I could be anyone too." He said with a wink before changing into different people.

"You don't impress me." Y/n lied. "And don't be so narcissistic here, I've seen better men." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine then, if you don't want that then I owe you money too." Camilo said trying to convince her to marry him.

"Do you actually think that I'm gonna let you, a stranger, ruin my life for just some money? Its MY life we're talking about here!" Y/n said glaring at him.

"Fine fine! Once were married. I'll let you see anyone and I promise I won't snitch on you." Camilo said, and with that, it got y/n thinking.

"Fine, deal." She said as she handed the animal stuffed toy the boy ordered earlier.

"Thanks, adios, hermosa!" He said winking at her as she replied with a bittersweet smile.

"Well? What do you think about him?" F/n said nudging his daughter.

"Fine, I guess." Y/n rolled her eyes as she grabbed another empanda from the bag she packed.