Chapter 24 Security Breach

While Remus was helping Sirius get settled in the hospital, JARVIS decided that now would be a good time to discuss with the Avengers what Remus had told him. He called all of the Avengers to the communal area for a meeting. Tony and the others thought it was odd that JARVIS wanted everyone to meet; it was unusual for JARVIS to make such a request.

Once everyone arrived, Tony asked JARVIS what was going on; Sir, I was given some information by Mr. Lupin that I found disturbing and needed to be addressed. JARVIS commented.

At those words, the Avengers stiffened, “What did he tell you, J,” Tony asked.

Mr. Lupin informed me that wizards and witches have a form of travel known as an apparition; he said it is a form of teleportation. That wizards and witches can instantly appear in any location if they know what it looks like.

The Avengers understood immediately what that meant; the Tower was vulnerable to a security breach.

“What can we do about it, JARVIS?” Tony asked.

I thought that perhaps Mr. Odinson would have a solution. JARVIS commented.

Everyone turned and looked at Loki, including Thor. Loki had a thoughtful look on his face as he thought. Then he smirked, “I should have no problem putting a barrier around the Tower forbidding anyone to enter using magic. As I have said, the mortal's magic does not compare to mine. Though I will speak to Lupin and find out what other means the wizards have to travel to adjust the barriers accordingly.”

The Avengers let out a collective sigh of relief. They were confident that the wizard's magic was no match for Loki's. “When can you add the barrier, Brother?” Thor asked.

“I shall do it right now,” Loki said, then vanished.

Loki appeared on the roof of the Tower and began to weave his magic. Green mist flowed from his fingertips and slowly snaked its way down the building until it was completely covered. Loki raised his hands, and the mist straightened into a cube, surrounding the building and the surrounding grounds. Satisfied with his work, Loki went back inside and informed the others that he was finished.

“Alright, I have warded the Tower. There is no way those pathetic mortals will be able to enter this building.” Loki informed the others.

“Good, now we need to inform Lupin that he can't apparate into the building,” Tony said.

I shall inform Mr. Lupin, sir. Before he left, I made sure that he had a cell phone. JARVIS explained.

Tony smiled, “Good thinking, J. Ask Lupin to tell you where he is so that Happy and I can pick him up. I should take him shopping instead of ordering it online.”

Yes, Sir.

“Tony, I think I'll go with you. Your taste in clothes is a little extravagant, and you might overwhelm the man,” Bruce told his best friend.

Tony thought for a moment, “Yeah, you're probably right, let's go.”

With that, Tony and Bruce headed down to the garage where they met Happy, while JARVIS called Remus to inform him of the changes and that Tony and Bruce were going to take him shopping.

Tony and Bruce picked up Remus outside the Woolworth Building, and from there, they headed to Tony's favorite stores. Tony convinced Bruce and Remus that he should get a few nice suits just in case. Then, afterward, they would go to Macy's to get him more casual wear.

Overall, the three men spend three hours shopping, with Tony spending five thousand dollars on Remus. Remus sputtered and tried to refuse, but Tony wouldn't hear of it, “It's the least I can do for the person that Evie cares about; besides, five thousand dollars is nothing, and you need to have variety. In your wardrobe.”