Chapter 27 The Slumber Party

When school ended on Friday, Evie, Carmen, Bridget, and Keziah ran out to meet Thor and Natasha, who were picking them up from school. Natasha had gone to the girls' houses to pick up some clothes for the weekend so that they wouldn't have to carry them around with them all day. When Evie saw her two favorite people, she leaped into her father's arms and kissed him on the cheek, then hugged Natasha tightly. The little girls greeted Thor, and he kissed their hands in greeting, making them giggle and blush.

Natasha rolled her eyes, “Well, girls, are you ready for a fun-filled weekend?”

“YES!” The girls yelled.

“Alright, first things first. An after-school snack is guaranteed to spoil your dinner. To the ice cream parlor,” Natasha said excitedly.

The girls screamed excitedly and piled into the car. Once everyone was in, Natasha told them to drive to Eddie's Sweet Shop. Evie and Thor were confused; they had never heard of the shop before. Evie's friends gasped and then patted Evie's back.

“You poor girl, you've been so deprived,” Bridget told her while the other two nodded and then giggled

“You poor girl, you've been so deprived,” Bridget told her while the other two nodded and then giggled. Natasha only shook her head.

They arrived at the ice cream shop, and all four girls jumped out of the car, with Thor rushing to make sure nothing happened to them, “Ladies, wait for Natasha and me; we do not want you getting lost or hurt.” Thor told his daughter and her friends.

“Sorry, Daddy,” Evie said sheepishly, and her friends echoed her, “Sorry, Mr. Thor,” They said in unison.

Thor laughed, “That is quite alright; I must admit I, too, am curious to see this place,” Thor said as he held out his hand to help Natasha.

Once they were out of the car, including Happy, they went inside, and the girls rushed towards the last four stools at the counter. The little girls began discussing what they were going to get. Evie turned and saw a man eating a monster banana split and her mouth watered. She knew she could never finish it alone, so Evie looked at her dad.

“Dad, if I order that banana split, will you help me finish it?”

Thor looked at the size of it and smiled, “Of course, Petal. It may be just enough for both of us. If not, I'll order another one.”