Chapter 3 Asgardian Justice

Evie was taken into her hospital room and helped into the bed. She looked around and noticed that her daddy and uncle, or Mr. Coulson weren't there. Evie's heart started to speed up. She started thinking that maybe her daddy didn't want to be with her anymore. Evie's eyes began to well up with tears. At that moment, Thor walked into the room; he smiled at his daughter, but his face fell when he noticed tears in her eyes. He rushed over to the bed and took her hand in his.

“What's the matter, Evie?”

Evie sniffled, “I thought you left me.”

“Never, min datter (my daughter), I will never leave you.”

“You promise?”

Thor smiled and kissed her hand, “I promise that I will stay with you forever.”

Evie beamed at her father.

Nurse Lisa smiled at father and daughter while she changed Evie's IV bag. Thor tucked Evie in then pulled the chair over so that he could be closer to her. The nurse gave her the remote control to the TV and explained how to use it and that if she needed anything to press the call button, and she or another nurse would come in.

“Okay, Lisa, thank you.”

“In twenty minutes, your lunch will arrive. We're going to start you off with liquids and soft foods, Okay?”

Evie nods.

While Evie was settling in her hospital room, Loki and Coulson arrived at the police station. Coulson flashed his badge and told the detectives that he wanted to see the interrogation of the Dursleys. Coulson and Loki walked into the interrogation. Detective Simmons welcomed Coulson but eyed Loki suspiciously.

“Don't mind him, Detective, he wanted to give Thor some privacy with his daughter,” Coulson said.

Somehow, Detective Simmons didn't quite believe that, but he didn't say anything. Detective Simmons showed Coulson and Loki to the first room where Vernon Dursley was raising hell about being unlawfully detained and that he was going to sue the lot of them. They kept asking him questions about Evie, and all Vernon kept saying was she was a freak and burden. Finally, he asked for a lawyer, and the detectives were forced to leave him alone.

Loki gave Coulson and Detective Simmons an incredulously, “Why have they stopped interrogating that fat walrus,” Loki asked.

“He asked for a lawyer, by law, we can no longer question him until his lawyer arrives.”

“What of the horse face woman?”

“She was smarter; she kept her mouth shut and asked for a lawyer immediately.”

Loki crossed his arms, “This is not acceptable. If they were in Asgard, they would have already confessed to the Allfather. Perhaps they should receive Asgardian justice.”

“Unfortunately, this is Earth, and once they ask for an attorney, we can't question a suspect without their attorney present,” Detective Simmons informs Loki.

Loki thought for a moment, “What if they confess, is this attorney necessary?”

“Mr. Dursley would have to tell us he doesn't want his attorney for us to accept his confession.”

Loki nods.

“Come on; there's nothing to do until his attorney shows up, let's have a cuppa tea.”

Coulson and Loki followed detective Simmons out of the interrogation up, but as they walked out, a hologram of Loki stayed behind. He smiled and walked around to the door where Vernon Dursley was being held. Loki opened the door and went in.