Chapter 6 Homecoming

Evie spent a dull week in the hospital. The only thing that kept her entertained were the stories that her dad and uncle would tell her about her grandparents and growing up in Asgard. Also, Loki would perform magic for her when the stories weren't enough. Every day the nurse would come in and give her yucky medication, and the doctor would come in and tell her daddy that she was doing better.

On Friday, the doctor finally came in with the social worker and said that Evie could go home, “And where will Evelyn be staying, Mr. Odinson?” The social worker asked.

“We will be staying in New York at the Avengers' Tower.”

She nodded and smiled at Thor, “I had a feeling you would say that so I expedited a passport for Evelyn so that she may travel to the United States without any problems.”

Thor didn't quite understand what that was for, but Coulson thanked the social worker for him. He would explain to him later what that was for, though Evie didn't need it since they would be flying in the QuinJet and would bypass customs.

Now that the doctor discharged Evie, the social worker had brought a change of clothes for Evie. She brought her a pair of jeans, a pretty blue blouse and a pair of sneakers, along with underclothes. Evie got up from bed, went to the bathroom, took a shower, and changed.

When Evie came out of the bathroom, she looked at Thor expectantly, “How do I look, Daddy?”

“Beautiful, my princess. Would you like me to braid your hair?”

“You know how to braid hair?”

Loki laughed, “Of course he does; Thor enjoys braiding his own hair.”

Thor glared at Loki while Evie giggled. Coulson stood in the corner, trying not to laugh.

“Yes, Daddy, will you braid my hair?”

“Of course, Evie.”

Thor had Evie sit down on the bed, and he quickly brushed her hair, making sure her blonde hair was nice and smooth then began to braid it into a French braid. When he was finished, Evie went to the bathroom to look; she squealed when she saw it, “I love it, Daddy, thank you.”

“You are very welcome.”

“Can we go now, Phil,” Evie asked.

“We sure can, Evie. The papers have all been signed, you've been checking out, and a car is waiting for us downstairs.”

Thor smiled at his daughter and offered his hand. Evie happily took his hand, and they left the hospital room with Loki and Coulson following behind. Evie made sure to say goodbye to all the nurses that had helped her and to the doctor, then they went downstairs and got into the SUV that was waiting for them to take them to a private airstrip where the Quinjet was waiting for them.

Meanwhile in New York, Tony had informed the rest of the Avengers about Thor's little lightning bug, “How does Thor have a kid,” Steve asked.

“Do I have to explain that to you, Steve,” Clint asked.

Steve blushed, “I know how Thor has a kid what I meant was-”

“We know what you meant, Steve,” Natasha said, “I don't think that matters. I think what does matter is that we don't overwhelm her and scare her.”

“How can we scare her with an uncle like Loki,” Tony asked.

“Tony, from what you told us she hasn't had the best life until now, she's probably going to be a little shy around a bunch of adults,” Bruce pointed out.

“Yeah, I guess you're right. Okay, then no crowding the kid, you guys.” Tony said.

Natasha had to fight the urge to roll her eyes; she only looked over at Clint, who did roll his eyes, “Whatever you say, Stark.”