third epilogue

December 24, Saturday

3 years ago...

Bakugo Household, Shizuoka, Japan

mitsuki's jaw fell on the ground when she saw the least anticipated person to join them for their christmas dinner.

"oh god... y/n!" mitsuki cried and hugged you tight.

good thing you immediately raised the bouquet of white roses before she destroy them. "i always keep my promises." you said.

"you're three years late though." mitsuki said with a sad face. "but now you're here! come in, come in!"

you thanked the older woman and went inside. masaru was also surprised to see you, and he wasn't expecting you to come either.

"y/n promised me that she should get dinner with us sometime." mitsuki said with a grin.

"thank you for having me," you said and bowed.

"y/n, it's nice to see you again. when was the last time?" masaru asked gently.

katsuki's personality is really, really, far from his father.

"your son's graduation," you answered and placed the bouquet on the coffee table.

"yeah, you were staying in puerto rico that time right?" mitsuki asked from the kitchen. "oh, oh, oh! wait for me there, and tell us where you've been all these years! oh god i'm sooo excited to hear your adventures!"

you just giggled while masaru shook his head with a smile.

"you know, y/n." masaru started. "ever since you left, katsuki became more hardworking with unbreakable principles." masaru said.

"he was a tough nut. he never cried. maybe if he did, then he hid it well. he never took your leave as a sad memory, but made it his motivation to strive harder."

you sighed. "i don't know, masaru. it feels like you're blaming me for your son's absence during your family dinners." you joked with a grin, making masaru panic.

mitsuki laughed and gave you a cup of hot cocoa. "see, masaru? i really like her for katsuki. it's like me and you all over again!" mitsuki said.

masaru shook his head. "i just wanted to brag that katsuki never cried and took it like a man. that's it." masaru said, fidgeting and blushing.

you glanced at mitsuki, only to see her blushing and fangirling at her husband. these two...

"so so so! tell us everything, y/n!" mitsuki said excitedly and sat beside you.

"i stayed in puerto rico for 6 months and moved to colombia for another six months. for 4 months, i was in switzerland. for 4 other months, i was in italy." you said. "then i moved to germany for 10 months, and moved to the philippines. planning to move back to germany after the new year."

"wow..." that was the only thing mitsuki could say.

"so i said, i'm already in asia anyways. maybe i could pay you two a visit." you said. "it was only a hunch that katsuki won't be home. but i don't really know what i'd do if he's here." you said, sweating.