~[Childhood Promises(part 1)]~

Author Amaya:Enjoy!!Also this is a fantasy AU!!

Pants and grunts echoed in the room as a girl,no younger than the age of 11,with her wooden sword in her hand as she twists and turn,hitting air,practicing her stance and movements.Her eyes were focused,and had the blazing fire that no one could top.

This was [Y/n] Cassie Marokov.Or that's what the townspeople know her for.Her story was this girl was abandoned at the doorstep of Duke Mariano Denver Marokov and he took her in,becoming her father figure.He was out on a meeting with his friends and acquaintances today so she sought to the training grounds as she lands a hit on thin air.

She stops to take a breather when she noticed something black by the bushes.She looks and the "bush" visibly flinched.She furrows her brows in confusion.

"Who's there?" She calls out cautiously,raising her wooden sword as well as her guard up.She stared at the slightly shaking "bush" and frowns.Who was it that's hiding over there?

Cautiously,she slowly takes a step and heard a yelp of fear from the "bush" as it went back.Okay now she was really curious.But before she could even comprehend what was happening,someone came out from the bush and ran at the direction opposite of the girl.The girl's eyes widened at that.Oh Merlin.

There was a cliff at the far end of that direction.

"Hey wait!!" She said as she dropped her sword to the ground and ran after this mysterious person.Passing trees and bushes,Severus Snape ran as his fast as his injuries would let him.He had accidentally walked inside the estate of the Makorov taking a peaceful walk by the garden where the [h/c] haired girl was training.

He didn't know what that girl could do but she had a wooden sword in her hands so he immediately went fight or flight mode.Being abused by his own father,his mind had engraved that everyone will hurt him.And so he ran.

Huffing and panting,he looked back and saw the girl running after him,his mind and injuries distorting his vision,making him see the girl had an angry and wicked expression when in reality,the girl was looking very worried and concerned.

He got more scared before briefly feeling a falling sensation.His hand gripped the edge of the cliff as he screams his lungs out for help.He heard footsteps as he screamed again before a hand grasped his arms,immediately making him look up.[E/c] eyes look back to his own with clear as crystal worry and fright.Fright that she wouldn't have made it in time.

"Hold on!I'm gonna pull you up!!" She said as she grunted and started pulling him up from his doom.Looks like fate was on his side today.She kept pulling and pulling,her strength overpowering gravity as she succeeds in pulling him back up.He immediately slumps his body on hers,the adrenaline of the chase wearing off and his bruises were starting to throb.His head went back to look up to his savior who's arms were still wrapped around him.The last thing he heard was the girl's voice saying everything will be fine.

And for the first time in a while,he believed her.

[Y/n] sat there for a while with the now safe boy,who looked a bit older than her by his height,in her arms.She was thankful for her everyday training because if she didn't train,she wouldn't have been able to save him.She would be weak.Looking down at this boy who's name was yet to be in her knowledge,she saw many cuts and bruises littering his arms and legs,some are still bleeding and some are already dry.She felt sympathy for him.

She then decided to take him home and treat his injuries there.She wasn't gonna leave him alone here in the edge of a cliff.So she let him down first,then turning around and putting his sleeping figure behind her back.The smell of iron invaded her nose which scrunched in disgust, directed to whoever did this to the boy.