~[Black Masked Prince(Part 3)]~

Final part of Childhood Promises!!
Eeeekk,we're at the finale!!❤❤

"Why don't you sit down for a while,darling please?" The guilt ridden duke said trying to give you a smile yet it only comes out as strained,his request coming out as a croak.Your heart was hammering inside your chest but a familiar warmth enveloped your hand and you looked towards the source seeing Severus there looking at you with sympathy in his eyes.

Severus slowly guided you to sit down,with himself taking the space beside you all while never letting go of your hand.He didn't know why but he felt like you'll need it to keep yourself on the ground.It felt as if something rather life-changing was coming and he had a large hunch that his feeling might be right.

"Father,apologies for being blunt but would you mind explaining to me the reason of his Highness' arrival here at our estate?" You ask the duke who gulped guiltily under your scrutinizing gaze.The duke took in a breathe as he situated himself beside you whereas Severus had occupied your other side,still holding onto your hand.

"[Y/n] my dear,there is something I must confess.I'm so sorry if I didn't have the courage to tell the truth sooner than this.I...I was afraid to lose you..." He started,eyes darting to Severus pleadingly as if wanting to send a message that Severus himself still can't comprehend at the tense moment.

"W-What are you hiding from me,father?" You stutter out,heart hammering inside your rib cage and breathe hitching.You had a feeling of what he was going to say yet you still wanted to hear himself admit it.Admit that you weren't really his daughter.It was the only plausible explanation at the present situation.

"I hope you find it in yourself to forgive me for keeping you from your past...All I wanted was my little girl to be happy....The truth is...y-you're—" You cut him off with a painful whimper as you whisper out the now obvious truth.

"I'm adopted aren't I?" You say,surprising the duke.Severus's heart could be heard dropping to the ground as he gazes upon your tear-stained face.Warm and salty tears streaming down your cheeks but your lips were stretched into a painful smile.

"It's—It's alright,you can say it..I knew I didn't belong here since the very beginning...It all makes so much sense now..The stares each time I walk through the halls,the whispers,everything makes absolute sense." You said sobbing while still maintaining a smile as you gripped the Duke's hand in yours.

"I—I just wished you could've told me sooner than this,you know.So I didn't have to spend my nights wondering if I had really belonged in this place I call home...It would've been easy I would've been able to take it and make sense of things easier..." You let go of Severus's and the Duke's hand.Wiping your tears that aren't willing to stop anytime soon,you stand up and excuse yourself from them and the two men could only watch as your figure disappeared from their views.

The Duke sighs and cradles his head in his hands,knowing that he had hurt your feelings.He messed up rather royally in a way and he hopes that you'd forgive him as Severus takes a seat a bit next to the Duke.The Duke looks up at Severus who was antsy about your condition,he was worried about you.

"Hey Severus." The Duke sighed.

Severus looked at him patiently waiting for his command.

"Take care of her for me."

°°°

It had been a week since you were transferred back to your own family or in other words,the royal family.Everyone was overjoyed that their lost princess had been returned yet you didn't feel like celebrating at all.

You had been reluctant to get out and celebrate your return,although you were happy you're with your biological family again,you missed the one person that didn't leave your mind.Not even once while you were sent back to the royal palace.

Severus.

You were dejected that you had to leave him behind.And nothing could lift your mood that was akin to a rainy and grumpy cloud.You didn't have the energy to do anything.

A ball was coming up.Not just any ball,your return ball.A night of champaign and whiskey as well as delicious food and music to celebrate the return of the long lost princess.You knew that you had to attend,even though you really didn't want to.

But you did.The night was young and many aristocrats were gathered around you.You were wearing a simple yet sophisticated silk green gown as well as black snake-designed heels.You were stunning to say the least and everyone was bewitched by your beauty.

The dance was about to begin soon and people were starting to crowd you by the large staircase which didn't really help your mood as you were already annoyed you had to be in the presence of these aristrocrats and royalties who's heads was probably bigger than a hot air balloon.

You were pulled by a hand and was positioned in the waltz pose as the music started.Looking up,you saw that the man who had a black obsidian mask covering the upper half of his face and yet,it feels as if he's familiar.Like welcoming an old friend home.

And when he speaks,you knew your feeling was right.

"[Y/n]." He whispers as you let out a breathe of relief,holding onto him tighter than you've ever done before.

"Oh Severus." You exhale.

"How I've missed you so very much." You confess,your head resting on his chest as you breathe him in.

"And I've missed you as well,darling.It's been a little while.But I can't stay too long.I'm afraid my father would loo—" You abruptly cut him off with a peck on his lips,the tips of his ears becoming red as you two were in public.He felt a tad bit embarrassed and you found that cute.

"You can stay here you know,with me.I wouldn't want the love of my life to be away from my reach." You murmur so that it was only heard between the two of you yet it still made fireworks burst in his stomach.

Sighing while having a small smile on his face,he presses a kiss on the top of your head as he rests his own right on top of yours.

"As you wish,lovely."

The End

[ author:i live for fluff imagines ]