~[Summer Dares(finale part)]~

Third Person Point of View

You freeze.Completely.From a far point of view one would think you weren't breathing.Well,you were kind of holding your breathe.Taking a sneak peek at Severus who was by your side, you fight the urge to laugh as his face was as red as the roses your grandmother had in your large garden back at the mansion.

"C-Cissy!What are you doing!?" You hissed through gritted teeth.Oh how you wished the ground would just suddenly opened up and swallowed you whole.But apparently that wasn't happening today.

Suddenly you were being lifted off the ground,Narcissa had her wand out pointed at you while Lucius had his pointed to Severus as you were both floating in the air.

"Narcissa Malfoy let me down right now!" She turns red but doesn't listen until you and Severus were both shoved in the large tent and was locked from the outside.

"Nope!We aren't letting you out until you do it!" Narcissa chimes.

"I know you want this too Severus!Believe me you must take the chance!" Lucius adds making Severus turn much redder than the roses in your backyard.

"Ugh, I swear to Merlin,you both are gonna get it when I get out of here!" You say as you shake your head before sitting down as Severus sits down opposite to you.

Both of you were quiet,no one dared to speak nor break the tense ice in the air.Looking uncertain,you look at anything or anywhere just not Severus in fear that if you do you'll break.

He doesn't speak either too embarrased to even utter a word.He wasn't gonna lie to himself.Severus did want to kiss you.But not in this sort of situation!And he wasn't even sure if you'd feel and return the same feelings that he has for you.

Meanwhile you were having an internal meltdown.What was Narcissa thinking!?You didn't have her confidence nor boldness to confess just like that!You couldn't go up to Severus and say "Oh hey,I like you you know for a very long time now and I would like to kiss you is that alright?"!?You weren't that crazy yet!
Taking a deep breathe,you spare a glance at Severus who was already looking at you.

You poofed like a tomato and looked away flustered.Fiddling with your fingers,you try to find something to say,anything really,but the words seems to die in your throat.

"Hey.It's okay you know." He speaks first breaking the silence between the two if you as well as the tense air.You're afraid to look up,terrified of ehat you may see but you steel your nerves and raise your head.

The scene in front of you broke your heart so much that you could hear its little pieces falling to your feet.

He was crying.Not exactly bawling his eyes out,but he has the smallest of smiles on his face while tears stream from his eyes down to his cheeks to the floor.It pained you physically to even look at his expression.

"Y-You don't like me.No one will.E-Even Lily rejected me.N-Nobody loves me-" He couldn't continue anymore as he sobbed before covering himself with his arms,looking so delicate in your view.
The silence was suffocating like a snake coiling around its prey.You couldn't breathe but you couldn't let him continue.No,you wouldn't let him continue.

You wouldn't let him believe such things.You had to do this,you had to let him know how you feel.

'Move Y/n!' You kicked yourself internally for being so weak.But if it was for him,you'd be the weakest at any day.He was still crying.You didn't want this.You didn't want him to cry anymore.

'Move dammit!' You thought.

Severus was now crying thinking you'd be laughing at him agreeing with his claims but what you did took his heart by surprise it almost burst out of his own chest.

You were silent the whole time until you got on your knees,crawled towards him at lightning speed,grabbed hold of his face and placed your lips on his own.He was frozen.He couldn't form words nor even move.His mind went blank,still not comprehending the fact that your kissing him.Only did he understand when you took hold of his hand and intertwined your fingers that he kissed you back,his heart soaring through galaxies and more.

He could feel you smiling through the kiss which made him smile too in return.A little while later,you both slowly pulled away and you took him in your arms,embracing him like there was no tomorrow.

"D...Don't say that..." You say while trying to catch your breathe,still clinging onto him for dear life.He stays silent,which made you think he didn't understand what you mean.You separate yourself from him,making eye contact before finally letting the words out.The words he's so been longing to hear.

"....I love you." You say,not looking away from him.You could tell he was in disbelief.You had to convince him you're telling the truth.

"My mind is yours if you do not trust my words." You say,knowing he knows what you mean.You feel a tingle in your head,signaling that he was prodding your mind.He couldn't help but let out a sob.

All those dreams.All those plans.All that love.All of it and you dedicated it all for him.Someone like him.He embraced you holding onto you like a lifeline.He sobbed,he can't even form words to express how happy he is.How ecstatic he's feeling.How loved he feels right now with you.

And he mustered up just enough courage to give you your answer.

"I love you too."

Extra: Lucius and Narcissa were actually listening in while making smores by the fire lmao.

Author's note:Hey guys,this is probably the final oneshot for this book.So sorry to cut this journey short but I do have something brewing in the drafts.Albeit I'll be super busy as hell since school is starting soon.So wish me luck and thank you all so much for the support and everything!Love lots and stay safe!