The one with the new gift pt.1

I woke up in the middle of the night, like I have been for the past three days. Right now, I'm sitting on the couch with a bucket of ice cream and watching the vampire diaries on netflix. Elena and Damon can rail me if they want just sayin.

Just then there was a knock at the door. I shrug and and continue what I was doing.

"Ruby it's me! Austin!" They called out. It sounded like him, but I still didn't trust it.

"Come on I need to talk to you! It's raining out here!" He said. I roll my eyes and get up. I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal a soaking wet blondie.

"What?" I said. He looked down.

"Come on, spit it out. I don't have all night. I've got Damon and Elena waiting." I said. He looked at me with a questioning look.

"Tv." I said. He sighed.

"I need you to fix my jeans. I was dancing in the park and I ripped them." He said. I noticed his jacket was tied around his waist, covering his backside. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose..

"You couldn't have waited til morning to tell me this?" I asked.

"No. I couldn't." He said. I roll my eyes and step aside, holding the door open wider.

"Okay fine, come in." I said. He walked past me and looked around.

"Nice place." He said as he stood in the middle of the room. I nod.

"Follow me, I'll get you something dry to wear. Be quiet though, Ally is still asleep." I said as I lead him upstairs and into my uncle's room. I shut the door after we both entered the room.

"You can use some of my uncle's clothes." I said as I looked through my uncle's closet. I found an old t-shirt and sweatpants for him to wear. I threw them onto the bed.

"Here. They're a little big, but they're dry." I said before walking towards the door.

"I'll just get changed in the bathroom." Austin said as he opened the bathroom door. I put my lips into a thin line and look down.

"Okay, but give me your clothes so I can wash them." I said. He went into the bathroom and shut the door. He opened the door slightly and threw his wet clothes out before shutting it again.

I scooped them up and walked out of the room to the washer and dryer downstairs.

I threw them in the washer with some detergent. I shut the lid and turned it on.

When I turned around to walk out the door. Austin stood there. I jump slightly.

"Jesus, maybe try knocking next time." I said. He shrugged.

"Sorry. Your Uncle's clothes are big." He said. I giggle as I look at his attire. His shirt, which was just a grey t-shirt, reached down past his thighs, and the sweatpants were so long, that they covered his feet.  I laugh.

"Hey, at least it's dry." I said as I walked past him into the kitchen.

"What are you doing up anyways? Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" He asked. I nod.

"Yeah but who cares. I mean it's not that big of a deal." I said as I grabbed a glass and a bottle of white wine.

"Why are you drinking that?" He asked as I poured the alcoholic beverage into the wine glass. I stopped and looked up at him.

"Helps me relax." I said as I took a sip.

"It's bad for you." He said as he reached out for it. I pulled my hand back.

"Calm down. It's not like I drink it every night. And it's not that big of a deal." I said as I walked off into the living room and sat down on the couch.