Campfire nights

____________________________________ *at night on the beach around the camp fire*

*at night on the beach around the camp fire*

I sat down next to Kiara after getting myself a beer from our cooler.

We were all playing truth or dare and it was Sarah's turn to ask me.

"Ruby, truth or dare?" She asked.

"Truth." I said.

"Who was your first kiss?" She asked.

Austin wasn't my first kiss, it was JJ.

JJ and I shared a quick look before I cleared my throat and got up.

"I'm gonna go get another beer." I said.

"No tell us!" Kiara said.

"Yeah come on!" Sarah said.

"She really doesn't have to say anything." JJ said before side eyeing me. I flipped him off.

"Who was it?" Kiara asked when I sat back down.

JJ gave me a reassuring nod and I sighed before scratching the back of my neck.

I then mumbled the answer.

"Huh?" Pope asked.

"JJ." I spoke more clearly.

Everybody was shocked but got excited.

"WHEN?!" Kiara asked as she shook me. I brushed her off lightly.

"Last year, we made out under the bleachers after she told me she never had a first kiss." JJ said. I was about to explain the same thing.

My mouth dropped.

"I'm really surprised you remembered that. We agreed we'd forget about it and move on." I said.

"But we clearly didn't since you remember that much detail." I said.

"Hey you never told me how you felt about it." He said.

"The kiss? I think I did amazing for my first time." I said.

"You did." He blushed.

"Okay this is going too far, it sounds like you two had sex." John B said.

"Did you?" Pope asked.

"No! We got caught before we could." I joked, we never had sex to begin with. JJ nodded in agreement going along with the joke.

"Ewwww!" Kiara said as she shoved my shoulder a bit.

We sat in silence as we enjoyed the campfire as well as each other's company.

"I think we should relive the olden days and have miss Ruby sing us a little song." John B said.

I shake my head.

"No, that's okay." I said.

"Come on it'll be fun." Sarah said as she pulled out my acoustic guitar.

"You really came prepared didn't you." I said. She nodded as I took it into my hands and got ready to play.

I then started to play.

The whole time I was playing, I felt like I was on air.

I don't know if it was just the slight breeze running through my hair, the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the open shore, or the sand between my toes, but something just made all my worries leave and sent me into a mode of relaxation that I didn't even know existed.

They all clapped and cheered when I finished the wine Riptide, which yes is cliche but it's so fun to play.

You could feel the joy and love in the air. Which is something I've been missing for a looong time.

Once I put my guitar down, JJ caught me off guard by tackling me in a hug and planting a kiss on my cheek.

"We should all go skinny dipping." Kiara said.

"I'm so down for that." JJ said.

"You're down for anything." I said. He nodded with a proud smile.

"Lets do it!" We all said before clinking our beers and chugging them.

We then all started to strip out of our clothes but still keeping our underwear on.

Hey, it be weird if we all saw each other's dicks and titties at the same time.

We then all sprint to the ocean.

All I can say, is that I haven't had a fun night like this in a long time