Chapter 1

10/31/23 (Y/n)'s story of the mishap involving Michael has been heavily edited.

11/08/23 edited once again to prepare to post it to Ao3

~~~

"You know, if you'd—I don't know—ease up on the glitter glue, I wouldn't constantly have to unhook your arm and finger joints to remove the glue causing these jams." I deadpan as Sundrop holds his hands out to me, already knowing why the joints were stiff and unmoving.

"Aw! Mr./Ms. (Y/n)! You know that's a no-can-do! The kids love using the glitter glue! So it stays!" He jerks his hands away from my hold before I can even begin my work. He crosses his arms and lets out a small 'Hmph'.

"Fine! It stays! Only for the kids, though! Don't go getting the idea. I like cleaning the glue from your joints, though." I snicker as I make quick work of taking apart his joints and cleaning them.

Sundrop was one of the more down-to-earth animatronics. Yes, he was loud at times, but that was just his programming. His job is to deal with children. You gotta be loud most of the time just to get their attention.

Now about his counterpart, Moondrop... I personally have nothing against him. He's not bad during his repairs and diagnostics, but according to Vanessa, he loves to get feral when it comes to her and Mike.

Vanessa... She is, well was sweet, but lately she's been kind of off. Twitching, muttering to herself, and paranoid about everything. She's not herself. It's almost as if she's hearing things. Things I can't hear.

Mike... The man was very closed-off when I first met him. His face was covered with a mask, and his head always tipped down just enough to were the bill of his hat covered his eyes. After awhile, though, I managed to get him to warm up to me. Especially after I ran face-first into him running from a malfunctioning animatronic. I had knocked both his hat and mask off. When I noticed I knocked them off, I quickly jerked one hand over my eyes while using the other to help him up. I turned away so I wouldn't invade anymore of his privacy as he put the hat and mask back on. Mike wears his hat and mask for a reason, and it felt wrong to see anything he was hiding. Not to mention his eyes, but the quick glimpse I caught... They didn't seem right. They looked weird... It was almost like they glowed. What am I saying? With how fast my hand came over my eyes It's easy for things to look strange when you only catch a second-long glimpse of them. I'm sure it was just a trick of the light. It's none of my business anyway. Ever since then, I made sure I apologized every once in a while so he knew how bad I truly felt. I try to forget it, honestly, but somehow it always creeps back into my head. Conversations were short with Mike, though, but they were nice and relaxing. I couldn't make him comfortable enough to look up at me, though. I always made the point to tell him if he needed anything, I was here. I hoped to make him feel just as safe as he made me feel.

More often than not when a mishap during a diagnostic or repair session would happen. Mike was there to check in on me. Like the time Chica couldn't sit still for a wire check. I had went to reconnect two wires when Chica suddenly jerked her head. This had caused me to zap myself. It was mostly my fault, though. I should have known better to not leave Chica on during the repairs. Within minutes of my painful cry, Mike was coming through the door with a small first-aid kit. Ready to patch up any damage done. Mike's job was to sit in the security office, and monitor the outside and indoor cameras, and alert Vanessa of any unusual activity. So it's not shocking that he's come to my aid multiple times.

"Poof! You're all good, Sundrop! Just try to be a little bit more care-" Before I can finish, stomping is heard coming down the daycare stairs, and the doors slam open to the playroom.