Chapter 11

As always this has been proofread before posting, but please let me know of any mistakes.

11/14/23 edited for minor mistakes.

~~~

"I think Moon just dragged him to parts and services. I still have my swipe on me, so getting in isn't a problem." I say this to the two as we all tumble out of the charging station.

I walk to the security doors, where I swipe my card. I swipe it and go to push the doors, but they remain locked.

"Access denied." The card reader announces.

I try again to only get the same response.

"Michael, do you have your card? I think Vanessa has blocked me out." I turn to him as he hands me his card.

I try to swipe it, but the same response occurs.

"I can see why Vanessa has locked mine, but she never saw you helping Gregory. She wouldn't have a good enough reason to block it. Now that I think about it, though, that bunny has seen you. Someone has to be in that costume, and it just so happens that someone would have to be female. I think it could be Vanessa." I look at Michael. He shrugs his shoulders as if he has no worries. I deadpan and turn to Gregory. "We will have to go to the warehouse office to pick up a security badge."

"This way. It'll be quicker." I begin to lead the two. Gregory walks beside me, with Michael trailing behind us.

When I round the corner, a map bot sits there waiting for us. He pops out, and I yelp, stumbling backwards into Michael, who catches me by my waist. I quickly jerk myself out of his grip. Gregory had thrown his hands up in front of his face.

"Man, now we have two scaredy cats." Michael lets a chuckle fall from his lips. Gregory must have gotten offended by what Michael had said. Gregory sends a hard smack to Michael's lower abdomen.

"No, I just hate those things." He mumbles.

We walk through a gate that rises as we approach it. I warn them of all the cables and spare parts. The other mechanics aren't exactly organized. So, more often than not, this place is a disaster.

Gregory grabs a hold of my hand, yanking on it. I look to where he points. My eyes meet the endoskeleton.

"Ohhh, another thing. Keep your eyes glued to the endoskeletons. I swear, they move when you don't look. None of the other mechanics believe me." I explain as I guide the two passed the endoskeleton, making sure I don't look away.

"Hey, the door's blocked." Michael raises an eyebrow as he looks at me.

"No? Really? I wouldn't have guessed." I let the sarcasm roll off my tongue. "Hope you like crawling because there's a vent right there." I point behind me.

"Do you even know where it goes?" He questions.

"No, I just think we should- Of course I know where it goes! Let's get going." I usher the two to crawl in after me. "Oh, and by the way, if you hear something crawling behind you, Michael, don't look back. It's better you face forward and pick up the pace."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michael asks. I don't reply.

When I reach the end, I hop out and help both of them get out one by one.

I lead them through several rooms. I keep my eyes on the endoskeletons as they find the buttons to hit to open the doors. After several close encounters with the endoskeletons, we make it to the office... Only for it to be lined with the endoskeletons.

"Grab that badge quickly. We will need to make a break for it as soon as that door opens. I fear these things won't be still for much longer."

"Are you sure these things move? I've never seen them move on the cameras." Michael walks up to one, poking at the metal framing.