Chapter 14

This chapter has been proofread. As always though, Let me know if you spot a mistake. :)

Also Thank you so much for 7k reads! I am so happy, and can't thank y'all enough!

This chapter has been edited as of 12/07/23

~~~

"You know, if someone had told 15-year-old me, in the year 2022, I would be running for my life from killer animatronics. I'd probably have made fun of them!" Michael states this as he carries Gregory on his back. We are currently running from Roxy, who spotted us when Michael decided to test his fate and make a dash for it. Which ultimately got us spotted.

"Welp! Welcome to 2022, Mikey! The year where we are currently running for our lives from Animatronics. That your bat-shit-crazy-father's animatronic company made!" I shouted as we slid around a corner.

"Mmmmmm... I think that's too light of a term to use for him. More like Psychotic bit-"

I drowned out the last of Michael's sentence as the thoughts in my head distract me. If there is one thing that definitely didn't change between Mike and the Michael, I know now. The shit he loved to talk about his father. Even before, I knew his father was William Afton. Who could blame him, though? I would have run my dad's name into the ground if I had been in Michael's shoes. Who knows, though? I'm sure Michael wanted to. There's no telling if William threatened him into not saying anything.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of Roxy slamming into the corner. She wasn't phased, though. She kept her pace running towards us.

I start to think of ways to stun Roxy. The thought strikes me. Most security guards have both a taser and a stun gun. While it's not the best to use them on the animatronics because of the damage it could cause, it might just be the key to saving us now.

"Michael! Do you have your stun gun?" I call out to him, which he is a few steps ahead of me.

"Yea. Why-" Michel cuts himself off as he turns his head to gaze at me with realization in his eyes.

"I need it! Now!" I look at him with pleading eyes.

He hesitates, but quickly yanks it from his belt. He tosses it to me. "You keep running; you understand! Don't pay attention to me at all!" I call to Michael as I prepare the stun gun.

I fling myself around, coming to a stop in the middle of the room. I take aim for Roxy as she barrels towards me. Just as she's about 100 feet away, I fire the stun gun. Roxy stops dead in her tracks. The shocks overwhelming her systems. I quickly begin to run down the hall, trying to locate where Michael and Gregory went off to. I make my way towards where Fazerblast is located. As I pass by an extra party room, I hear the door creak open. Before I can even turn around, something has grabbed the back of my shirt, pulling me in. I go tumbling to the ground as the door slams shut.

"That was awesome! You totally saved us back there! What if we used that on the animatronics? We wouldn't have to get the blaster." Gregory exclaims as his hands shoot up into the air.

"While it may have been cool for you, kiddo, what (Y/n) did was not safe at all. On top of that, it was not safe. We can't always use the stun gun. It will damage the animatronics after awhile. It's only to be used in emergencies. It's best we get the blaster. Which brings me to my next question. What were you thinking?! We would have found another way." Michael scolds me as he helps me stand up from the floor.

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to keep Gregory safe!" I stare up at him with a look that shows my concern and frustration. I quickly look back down.

"You can't keep putting yourself in this kind of danger. What would you have done if the stun gun failed?" Michael tilts his head to try and look me in the eyes.

"I... I don't know. I didn't think about it. I just wanted you guys to get to safety." I refuse to meet his eyes. I feel awful.

"From now on, nothing that is risky is done without being discussed first. We can't risk losing either you or me." Michael places his hand on my shoulder. He offers me a small smile. One that I try my best to return.

"Alright, enough of this getting on to each other! Let's get a move on!" Michael let his hand slide down my arm before completely pulling away. The coldness of his skin sends shivers down my spine. He turns to me and smirks, holding back a laugh.

I watch as Michael peeks his head out the door. He scans the lobby. He waves me and Gregory on as he steps out of the door. We creep through the lobby, weaving between tables. When we get close to Fazerblast, we make a break for it. Sprinting for the gate. I make sure Gregory gets in before I step back, letting the metal gate close. Once we were in, we hand the pass to the bot, who seems to not pay attention to the fact that there is one pass and three of us. He lets all of us go through.

We step into the elevator. Gregory asks what this game is, so I give him a short explanation of what he needs to do. I'm not sure if Michael and I will be allowed to participate.

I usher them out of the elevator and lead them to the introduction room. After that's over, I lead him to the room to grab the equipment, as expected. Only one set of equipment is unlocked due to only one pass being scanned.

We walk towards the elevator that will take us to the game-play area, but Michael and I are quickly redirected towards the viewing elevator. When we arrive at the top of the viewing platform, I begin searching for Gregory but quickly spot something. Shocked, I call Michael's name as I turn towards him with wide eyes. I quickly yank him towards me, pointing towards the situation. He doesn't seem to pay attention to the fact that I'm trying to point at something.

"If you wanted a kiss, all you had to do was ask. No need to pull me around." He lets a smirk fall on his lips. I let an unamused look fall on my face as I glare at him. I grab his face and turn it to where I'm pointing.

"Oh, shit!" He exclaims as his line of sight meets the stumbling Chica.

"Yeah, bit of a problem, isn't it? Maybe she won't spot him. I say we don't tell Gregory anything to not panic him. We'll wait and see if she gets closer." As if Chica heard me, she starts walking towards Gregory.

"Spoke too soon, I guess." I quickly turn my watch on. "Gregory! Chica is somehow in here. You'll have to keep her at bay while trying to beat the game. If you need help, we will find a way down." I watch Gregory as he gives a nod rather than actually answering.

Gregory makes quick work of beating the game. Michael and I then guide him to the exit, helping him avoid Chica. When we finally are back together, I pick him up and spin him around. Only because I know it would annoy him. And it sure did.

"Put me down! You're making me dizzy!" Gregory couldn't help the laughs that fell from his lips, though.

"Ok, Ok, Ok! I'll put you down, I guess." I smile as I let him stand on his own two feet.

"Well done! Now you can go and grab the prize from the lounge! I will meet up with you guys once you leave the lounge." Freddy exclaims. So that's where we head.

When we make it up to the lounge, Gregory grabs his prize. We all can't help but notice the open vent on the side of the lounge.

'Where do you think that vent goes?" Gregory ask.

"I don't know." I mutter as I step closer.

"You think we should find out?" Michael asks as he peers into the vent.

We all hum a chorus of agreements and make our way into the vent.

~~~

Helloooooooo! How are you, guys? So sorry for the lack of frequent updates. I promise, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, but it's been a little hard. I made some errors in writing this chapter. At first, it slipped my mind. Freddy wasn't really with Gregory during this part. So, I had to go back and write the whole thing without him. I got it fixed, though! I promise, I'll try to make updates more frequent! I'm already working on chapter 15. I hope you guys have a good week! See you soon!